Karri laughed and nodded. "True."

"What time is it?" Lupita asked. If she wasn't completely wrong, her school would start at eight.

"It is a quarter till eight," Karri said while Lupita stood up.

"How much is that in numbers?" Lupita asked. She could barely tell the time with these modern clocks, she was so used to the sun clocks back home or telling by the stars or sun.

"In digital, it would be 7:45, and in one of those other traditional clocks it would - you know what, you have fifteen maybe fourteen minutes."

"Faen," Lupita whispered and walked out of the hut while slinging her backpack over her shoulder. "I might see you guys later! Say bye to Silas for me!" Then, she ran. She ran as fast as she could through the forest. It had taken her almost 30 minutes walking to the tree from the school, even longer to walk to the hut. But maybe if she ran she could come in time.

Branches snapped in her way. The leaves swayed, and she was certain her face had cuts from the branches occasionally wiping her in the face. But she couldn't care less. This was awesome. Just running in the forest with no care in the world. This was how she wanted to live. To be free. Free to run around all day or just lounge in a tree or on a field on a warm summer day.

But her fantasy was ruined by a big fence quickly approaching. It was maybe 3 meters tall, maybe more. This was the way to the school, she was sure of it. Maybe they had fences for the students' safety. Either way, she had to do something. It was too late to slow down. So she turned to the only other option that popped into her head.

She approached the fence fast, wind whipping her in the face, making her eyes slightly water. The fence was only a few meters away now.

Lupita took a short breath before she pounced. She practically flew through the air, but that still was barely enough and her foot caught on the fence, making her slam into the ground on the other side with not as much grace as she would have liked. Luckily, she was able to save her wrist from the fall by quickly tucking it into her chest and landing painfully on her side. Why was she getting hurt so much lately?

She turned to lay on her back and just stared at the sky. It was a pretty clear sky today, though there were a few clouds floating around. Clouds were cool. They were almost like the stars of daytime. Not exactly, but almost.

What would they feel like?

What would they taste like?

Was she going insane?

After a few seconds of just breathing through the pain in her side and collecting her thoughts - coming to the conclusion that the pain was getting to her head - she stood up and began walking to school. The best idea was probably to take it slow. And besides, the school couldn't be that far away... right?

Long story short, she arrived very late. No one was outside and Lupita could hear the wind howling, leaves scraping the pavement, and the mumbling of students inside. Was there a rule you had to follow if you came late for class? She hadn't really thought about that when wanting to go here. Well, she had to find out some way or another, so she decided to just walk in.

The hallways were empty, but Lupita could hear what was going on in every classroom. Why weren't these walls soundproof? If she wasn't mistaken there were kitsunes, vampires, werewolves, and fauns at this school. All of them had heightened hearing and this would drive them nuts. It sure was driving her nuts with the hundreds of different classrooms and thousands of different voices. They all mushed together and just made her head hurt.

"You are late."

"Shit! Faen! Jævel!" Lupita tried to punch the person that had snuck up on her but her hand was caught and she was staring at a vampire. She was pretty sure it was the teacher from yesterday's class.