THE LITTLE MERMAID

Start from the beginning

MADELINE MILLER, CIRCE

ARIEL "ELLIE" SERRANO was so curious all the bloody time!

It seemed like a pretty nice and simple life to follow ― her mother, music and their house on the outskirts of cornwall ( on an actual beach connecting to the caribbean ).....perhaps not for a high-spirited eleven year old with so many questions and so little answers as her mother tries to balance between being her best friend and keeping some things from her for as long as she can withhold them off. Riri already knew what a period was, still not clear on the baby-making part, and even more confused over the estranged father and the being a half mermaid part.

Alas! Ariel needs to get out and grow eventually, so on her eleventh birthday, the highly anticipated letter arrives, and her curiousity is over the horizon as she finds herself stranded on a mysterious island, ending up in a pool under a dormant volcano just as a full moon passes above her, turning her life upside-down.

Now she has to deal with being a supposed "monster" while going to a school where she knows no one except for a very nice redhead, while battling everyday teen struggles like academic pressures or stupid crushes on the cutest boys who make her even more confused than she already is!

Well, accidentally triggering your mermaid-ness is not quite as fun as she thought it would be.

HALLE BAILEY━