Ch 2: A New Mission

It was a bright and sunny morning in Adventure Bay. At the Lookout, the pups of the PAW Patrol were just waking up and exiting their pup houses and greeting each other.

"Morning pups." said Chase, the police/traffic/spy pup.

"Hey dudes." said Zuma, the aquatic pup.

"Morning, is it time to eat yet?" said Rubble, the construction pup.

"Hi guys." said Skye, the aviation pup.

"Morning everyone." said Marshall, the fire/EMT pup.

"Morning." said Rocky, the recycling/repair pup.

A few minutes later, Ryder, the pups' leader, came down and gave the pups their breakfast.

"Morning pups, here's your breakfast." said the 10 year-old tech genius as he poured pup food into their bowls before asking, "So what are you pups doing today?"

"Rocky and I are gonna go help Mr. Porter move some old stuff out of his restaurant." Rubble replied as he gobbled down his food.

"The rest of us gonna go down to the beach and play volleyball." Skye said.

"We'll join you later after we're done at Mr. Porter's." Rocky said.

"Are you gonna come Ryder?" Marshall asked.

"I have to fix a couple of things on the PAW Patroller and restock the pup treats." Ryder replied as he bit into an apple, "But I'll join you pups later."

"Ok, see you later Ryder sir." Chase said as he, Skye, Zuma, and Marshall headed down to the beach. Rocky and Rubble went inside the Lookout and put their gear on before heading down to Mr. Porter's restaurant.

At the beach, the pups were having fun serving a volleyball over the net. Of course when the ball came his way, Marshall tripped and flew into the air. He then landed in a sand pile.

"Marshall, are you ok dude?" Zuma asked as he went over to the clumsy Dalmatian.

"Don't worry, I'm good." Marshall said poking his head out from the sand pile, "Well, not good at volleyball, but you know what I mean." The other pups laughed.

At Mr. Porter's, Rocky and Rubble were helping him move some stuff and fixing some furniture. Rubble moved some boxes while Rocky fixed a couple of shelves.

"Here Mr. Porter, one newly repaired shelf." Rocky stated happily.

"Thanks pups, I really needed this storeroom cleaned out." Mr. Porter replied.

"Anytime." Rubble replied.

"Here's a couple of treats." Mr. Porter said as he threw a couple of pup treats to the gray Mixed Breed and English Bulldog.

Mmmm thanks." Rocky said as he and Rubble resumed working.

At the Lookout, Ryder was in the PAW Patroller adjusting the breaks and steering wheel. He had also vacuumed out all the kitten hair out so Chase's allergies wouldn't act up. Mayor Humdinger and his kittens had recently decided to steal the PAW Patroller. Again. Ryder ran his hand through his spiky, dark brown hair and wondered what was that sneaky mayor gonna do next.

All of a sudden, his Pup Pad began ringing. He took it out and saw the golden crown I.D symbol meaning that it was the Earl of Barkingburg.

"Hello Ryder here." he said cheerfully.

"Ryder, I'm afraid we have a problem." the Earl said solemnly, "The sapphire of Queen Michelle has gone missing."

"And so has Sweetie. We can't find her anywhere." said the Princess as she came into the camera view.

"We'll be there as soon as we can. No job is too big, no pup is too small!" Ryder exclaimed.

Ryder then called Robo Dog and told him to get the Air Patroller ready. He then pulled out a tray and pressed a button. At the beach and Mr. Porter's, the pups' tags lit up.

"PAW Patrol to the Air Patroller!" Ryder's voice exclaimed as it came through their tags.

"Ryder needs us!" they all exclaimed in unison.

"Sorry Mr. Porter, but we have to go." Rubble said.

"It's ok, thanks for your help." Mr. Porter said as the two pups dashed off.

The other pups ran towards the Lookout. However, Marshall had tripped and was now rolling towards the Lookout in the volleyball. The other five were outside the Air Patroller and exclaimed "Look out!" as Marshall came rolling towards them. The Dalmatian ran into them, and they ended up in a pile.

"Hey pups, I just had a 'volley' good 'ball' of a time!" Marshall exclaimed, earning laughs from his pack members.

The pups got themselves out of the pile and headed into the Air Patroller. As the Air Patroller took off and headed for Barkingburg, the team was unaware that a certain West Highland White Terrier, a sneaky mayor and six kittens, and a mystery person had been watching them.

"Perfect they're gone now." Mayor Humdinger said, "What do we do now?"

Let's wait a few more minutes. We have to make sure that they're far away from here, and then we'll execute our plan." Sweetie said with a sly smile on her face, "The PAW Patrol won't know what hit them."

In the Air Patroller, the pups were sitting in their seats waiting for their leader to give them orders.

"PAW Patrol ready for action Ryder sir!" Chase stated proudly.

"Ok pups, we have a situation in Barkingburg." Ryder said, "The sapphire of Queen Michelle has gone missing."

"Oh no!" Skye exclaimed.

"Also, Sweetie has gone missing as well." Ryder added.

"And I bet she's the one who took the sapphire." Chase said.

"Yeah, I agree with Chase." Marshall said.

"We don't know that for sure pups." Ryder said, "But this is definitely a-"

"Mission PAW!" the pups exclaimed excitedly.

"Robo Dog, put us in stealth mode." Ryder said.

The robot dog barked in response and pressed a button which put the Air Patroller in stealth mode. After two hours, the kingdom of Barkingburg came into view. The Air Patroller descended into the underwater HQ and landed. The door opened, and Ryder and the pups, along with Robo Dog, got out and ran towards the elevator. The pups got dressed in their Mission PAW gear and stood in front of the computer. Ryder took his place in front of the pups and spoke.

"Alright pups, we have to find the missing sapphire and Sweetie." Ryder stated, "So for this mission, I'll need...Chase, I need your spy goggles and nose to find out where Sweetie could be."

"Chase is on the case." the German Shepherd stated.

"Rocky, Skye, and Zuma, I need your radar scanner, wings, and sonar and scuba gear to look for the sapphire." Ryder said

"Green means go." the gray Mixed Breed replied.

"This pup's gotta fly." the Cockapoo said eagerly.

"Let's dive in!" the Chocolate Labrador exclaimed.

"Marshall, I need you and your Hydro Launcher to help get through locks." Ryder continued.

"I'm fired up." the Dalmatian said.

"And Rubble, I need you, your Construction claw, and your Mini Miner to move stuff and get through walls." Ryder concluded.

"Rubble on the double." the English Bulldog said firmly.

"Alright, Mission PAW is on a roll!" Ryder exclaimed.

The team headed to the Mission Cruiser where Robo Dog had started it up and was waiting. The pups' veichles were loaded into the Cruiser, and the team took their seats.

"Robo Dog, take us to the castle." Ryder said.

Robo Dog barked in reply, and they took off through the tunnel. The secret exit opened up, and the Cruiser steered onto the road and headed to the castle.

To be continued...