Ch 5: Kidnapped & Held for Ransom

At the Lookout, Sweetie, Mayor Humdinger, the kittens, and their partner were relaxing and keeping an eye out for the techy 10 year old and his puny pack of pups.

"Any sign of that pathetic, pesky, puny PAW Patrol?" Mayor Humdinger asked in a lazy tone.

"Not yet, but I'd still be on guard." Sweetie replied, "They're smarter than they look."

"You don't think I know that?!" Mayor Humdinger exclaimed, scaring his kittens, "I've been dealing with that kid and his pups a lot longer than you, you spoiled brat of a pup!"

"Maybe you'd like to eat that top hat, you overgrown baby!" Sweetie snapped back.

"Why you little..." Mayor Humdinger started. All of sudden, a bolt of magic shot from the shadows and Sweetie and Mayor Humdinger stopped fighting.

"Enough squabbling." their partner hissed from the shadows.

"Sorry sir." Sweetie and Mayor Humdinger said sheepishly.

The figure got up from his chair and walked out of the shadows. He wore a black cloak with a hood that shadowed his face. In his hand was a scepter with five jewels, each a different color, woven into it. At the top was a glowing white diamond.

"In order for this to work, we can't argue amongst ourselves." the figure snarled.

"We know." the West Highland White Terrier and sneaky mayor replied.

"We can't let this plan fail." their partner reminded them, "And remember, we can't let the PAW Patrol find out who they really are."
————————————————————
Meanwhile the pups and Ryder were searching for the citizens of Adventure Bay. Rubble and Skye were looking in the back streets and neighborhoods. Zuma and Rocky were looking near the coast, while Ryder, Chase, and Marshall were looking in the center of town.

"Psst, Rubble, I found Ms. Margery." Skye whispered.

Rubble went over and saw that Skye had found Ms. Margery and her pet raccoon Mainer.

"Pups, thank goodness you're here." Ms. Margery said, sounding relieved.

"Come with us, we'll lead you to safety." Rubble said.

Using his sub, Zuma found Wally, Walinda, and their daughter, whom the pups and Captain Turbot named Winnie, and led them to the shallower waters near the Beach Tower. He then went to join Rocky, and they found Uncle Otis, Farmer Al, and Farmer Yumi and lead them to the Beach Tower. Ryder, Chase, and Marshall were in the middle of town and following Katie's scent.

"The trail's getting stronger." Chase said.

"Which way?" Marshall asked.

Chase moved his nose in several different directions before deciding.

"Southwest." Chase replied.

"Come on." Ryder said, "I hope Katie..I mean, everyone else is ok."

Chase and Marshall looked at each other and smiled. They knew very well that their leader had a crush.

"Ryder, don't hide it." Chase said, "We know you have a crush on Katie."

Ryder sighed and said with a smile, "I can't keep anything from you pups can't I?"

"Nope, cause sooner or later we'll figure it out." Marshall replied.

"Let's get off the subject and keep looking." Ryder suggested.

The trio followed Katie's trail until they came to Alex's treehouse. Ryder climbed up the ladder and opened the floor hatch. Inside, he found Mayor Goodway and Chickaletta, Mr. Porter and Alex, Captain Turbot and Francois, Daring Danny X, Julia and Julius, and Katie and Cali.