Chapter 4

"Dog overboard!" squawked Siren Sue.

"Sparky!" shouted Auburn Sally. "Quick, someone get him!"

Sparky swam as fast as he could to get to his bone. Little did he know that the bone was floating towards the island that everyone was looking for.

"Wait, do you see those rocks that Sparky's headed to?" asked Peg Leg Peggy. "It's the island!" she screamed. "Sparky's found the island! Good boy, Sparky!"

Sparky didn't hear their shouting because he was too focused on catching his bone. It washed ashore and Sparky tripped trying to run on the hot sand. He skidded to a stop when he saw a cat stroll over to his bone. He eyed the cat suspiciously as the cat picked the bone up with his paws.

"Here you go, little dog," said the cat in his British accent, as he handed Sparky his bone. "My name is Sir Scoopsalot but you can call me Scoopy."

Sparky just stared at Scoopy with his mouth agape and his tongue hanging out the side. His tail happily thumped the sand as Scoopy tried to hand him the bone again.

"Sparky, did you make a friend?" asked Auburn Sally as she sprinted down the ramp and to Sparky.

"Hey guys, we got company!" shouted Not-So-Jolly Joan who was looking out to the sea. It was Dark Tooth's ships and he was headed their way!

"We have to hurry if we want to beat Dark Tooth to the treasure," proclaimed Billy Bob Joe as he started to run farther onto the island.
Sally and her crew followed him as well as Billy's crew. Sally didn't make it far before she stopped again.

"Say, why'd you stop?" asked Winking Wendy. Sally shook herself out of her trance and looked at her.

"Uh, I was just surprised by what the fortress looked like. That's all," replied Sally.

Wendy looked forward since she hadn't seen the fortress yet. When she looked, Wendy was also amazed at what she saw. The fortress looked like a Mayan pyramid built from hundreds of old ships. There were sails, planks, wheels and flags all pieced together to make one massive structure. It was twelve stories high and looked like a labyrinth of ladders, slides, rope bridges, swings, and tunnels. The pyramid was built over a shallow lake that was home to tons of alligators.

Everyone headed to the fortress and slowly ascended the stairs to the first floor. There they saw red lines all over the place.

"What are all the red lines for?" asked Pancake Face Patty.

"Well, I'm pretty sure those are like safe zones because in the legend it says 'in red, you ain't dead'," replied Auburn Sally.

The two pirate crews turned around when they heard a rustling noise in the trees behind them. To their dismay, they saw Dark Tooth and his crew of about three hundred men.

"What do we have here?" said Dark Tooth in a deep, raspy voice. "It looks like Auburn Sally has found a treehouse."

"And she's teamed up with Captain Billy Bob Joe and his Navy dogs," sneered Dark Tooth's first mate, Smoky Sails Sam.

"Joined forces, have you?" Dark Tooth chuckled. "It's going to take more than an ancient treehouse to defeat me and my men."

Sally's crew gulped in fear but she put on a brave face and roared with laughter. "Did you hear that?" She slapped her knee. "Dark Tooth says he has men! Funny cause I don't see any men below us, I only see pigs."

The pirates roared angrily at the men and women upon the pyramid.

"Don't worry, boys," Smoky Sails Sam said. "We'll put Captain Auburn Sally in her place, just like anyone else who steals from us, she'll end up at the bottom of the Atlantic!"

With that, the pirates charged up the staircase.  "Attack!"

Please vote, comment, whatever.
Unedited