Chapter Twenty-Nine: Invasion

Beginne am Anfang

I go up to my room, deciding to shower, which is a horrible idea for my thoughts. Maybe he's mad that we are in this mess. Or he thinks it's somehow my fault.

I mean this is.

My thoughts going crazy, I start to wash my hair. I stood in the shower until it was damn near cold. So maybe 45 to an hour, I step out and get myself ready for bed.

"He is fine. He just needs a moment to himself." I whisper to myself in the mirror. But he shouldn't be alone. Maybe I can help.

Just as I start torturing myself with more thoughts, I hear a slam and glass. I peak my head out the door, hearing Alec screaming at one of his men.

"Guard the entire house, no one gets in or out without me knowing and if you fuck up, I'll kill you my damn self." The man nods and makes sure everything is handled outside.

I look down from upstairs and watch as he just stands there. God knows how many drinks he has had. I watch as he starts to walk towards the stairs. I hide around the corner, watching him go inside his room.

Maybe I should give him some space.

I walk away when I hear glass breaking. I turn around, opening his door to him throwing his cup against the wall. His hands running through his hair, I take a deep breathe.

Okay bitch you're most likely going to get yelled at.

"Alec?" He turns around but looks away, his chest heaving as he blows out breaths while I take a small step forward. "I know you told me to give you space however I just wanted to make sure you're okay." I He takes a breath, hands in his pockets as he finally looks at me.

There he is.

"Well, I'm not okay" He voices and I take a small step closer. "And that's okay. I'm sorry, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have even— and now you're involved and Tat— I don't even know-" He cuts me off.

"If you want me to keep up with you, you are gonna have to use full sentences." I let out a small laugh and he smiles slightly.

"This isn't your fault. You didn't ask for any of this. I just don't want you hurt. Or taken from me. I don't have the mentality to deal with that right now." He stammers and before I can say anything else, he starts ranting again.

"Do you realize how attached I am to you, Rosalina? How aware of you I am? I could spot you in a room full of thousands of people. If something happens to you, I can't promise that I won't lose my mind. The simple fact that my own FATHER is willing to kill you. In front of me and I know he won't stop until his does." He slips his hands through his hair and I feel numb.

He really loves me.

I mean it's not as if I wasn't aware but he really cares about me.

"What do you think I would do?" I respond as his hazel eyes bore into mine. "I'm certain that I will kill anyone or anything for you. Including myself." I cross my arms over my chest. But you don't have to shut me out. Not with something like this. Thoughts like these can be shared with me because I understand them." He nods, agreeing.

"You're right, I'm sorry, I just didn't want to lash out at you. I'm angry." He turns to grab his phone, "Take it out on me."

He pauses his movements, turning back to me. "I'm sorry?" He inquires as I shift my weight a little. "If you are angry, take it out on me. I can take it." He looks out the window as if he's trying to process what I just said.

"Rosalina"

"I can take it."

It's quiet again and I feel like I'm about to explode. There was so much tension. I just wanted him to touch me. I want anything and everything he can give to me.