Chapter 8: The Black Bunny

Kabanata 8

Kasalukuyan kong pinagmamasdan ang lawak at laki ng akademya. Nakapatong ang aking braso sa railings ng terasa. Above me, the vault of sky seems to grow wider and higher as the morning wears on. I don't have any trainings today at sinabi rin sa akin ni Helia na hindi na muna ako makakapasok sa training hall.

"Nababagot kaba dahil wala dito si Savannah?"

Agad akong lumingon sa nagsalita galing sa aking likuran. She must be..

"I'm Lyra." sagot niya. "And you're Coraline, right?" tumango ako.

Lyra Melodia, The Guardian of Tune. Ang pang siyam sa pinakamalakas na Guardian. She's beautiful. She looks innocent yet majestic with her pink pastel traditional gown. Her silky straight dark hair flows naturally over her waist.

"Masyadong imposible na mabagot ako sa ganito kalaking paaralan." I said.

"Hindi mo paba kabisado ang pasikot-sikot dito?" tanong niya

"Hindi pa."

"Do you want me to tour you around? I'm free today."

I just gave her a soft nod and then she immediately grabs my arm and encircle it with hers.

Hindi ko pa alam kung paano ko siya patutungohan, but she seems like a nice and a decent princess. Iyan rin ang sinabi sa akin ni Savannah, however..

"Ano ba ang tipo mo sa lalaki?" pakurap-kurap ko siyang tinitigan habang patuloy kaming naglalakad.

"I- I haven't thought about it yet.."

"Really? that's so boring. You should've thought about that the first time you were born. Boys are part of our lives you know.." nanatili akong tahimik sa sinabi niya.

Just as I was expecting. She likes talking about the man of her dreams. Iyon ang sinabi sa akin ni Savannah na hindi niya gusto tungkol sa kanya. Lyra's personality is different than what captures the eye. She looks so decent on the outside but her inside is so vigorous.

"What about your prince charming? His appearance? Don't you have any?"

Umiling ako. She sighed. "Fine, let me tell you about my type then.."

Akala ko ba i-totour niya ako?

I wasn't paying attention to everything she said. Nagpatuloy lang siya sa pagsasalita habang nakagapos parin ang aking braso sa kanya. I just nodded at her and gave her a fake smile. She is unexpectedly bubbly.

Kaya kung may magugustohan kang lalaki, don't push yourself desperately at him. Make him desperate of you otherwise." she said. "We are woman after all. We are bound to make men kneel down in front of us." tumango-tango ako.

Paano ba ako makakaalis sa tabi ni Lyra? I am not saying that I don't like her, sumasakit lang ang ulo ko sa mga sinasabi niya. I'm not even interested about it at all.

There's just one thing I discovered about her. Nabanggit niya kanina na may gusto siya kay Argon. Yes, the Argon who trained me yesterday. She was like a teenager talking about her crush the whole time. I never thought a sophisticated superior would act like this. Pero kahit papaano, tao parin naman sila, they can feel, even show this kind of behavior.

"Uh.. Lyra, sa tingin ko kailangan ko munang pumunta sa chamber ko."

What a lame excuse.

Tumigil siya at tumingin sa akin. "But I'm still not into the exciting part yet." simangot niya. Not yet? after all the talking?