"Well actually it got bumped up to a B so officially we haven't actually been on a C Rank mission," Naruto told him smirking a little bit under his mask. He smirked a bit more at seeing Kiba's eyebrow to that tick thing when he was really getting mad too.

"See they already had a B so the C rank mission is ours short stuff," Kiba said to him.

"What did you call me?" Naruto yelled at him.

"You heard me runt," Kiba smiled knowing that Naruto was sensitive about his height. Some of the girls in their class had been taller than him and Kiba made sure that he never heard the end of it either. Besides it was run riling Naruto up too, just as he knew that Naruto did the same to him. It was just an odd thing the two of them did in their friendship to one another.

His sister often described the two of them as two dogs trying to get the alpha position while both trying to get a bone. That had been lost on Naruto when he heard it but to Kiba and anyone else in his clan that made perfect sense.

Kurenai and Kakashi shared a knowing look, they both knew how this could turn out and how Kiba and Naruto got when they were together for too long. First the name calling, then the arguing and then both boys would be soon on the ground trying out every grapple hold they could think of. Normally they would let the boys do it just to let them blow off energy but being in the Hokage's office was not the time and place for it.

"Naruto that's enough," Kakashi said using his 'father' tone of voice in order to get him to listen.

"Kiba back down now," Kurenai said almost like a command to a dog. When she first tried that tone she thought he might be insulted but his mother assured her that, that was how you had to handle him. And it normally worked as well, she guessed it was an Inuzuka thing. All that time spending with dogs she guess there would be some transference.

Now that she thought about it, she guessed the same was true with Shino and his clan as well. She never thought about that before and wondered if other clans in the ninja world that bonded with animals had the same thing going on with them as well. But that was something to think on at another time as Iruka cleared his throat after the boys had finally settled down.

"Well we only have one C Rank mission anyway and the pay for it only means one team can go," Iruka said looking at the file. "It's a simple bodyguard duty from here to the country of Wave."

"Well then we should get this since we haven't done a C Rank," Kiba said crossing his arms trying to make his point again.

"Hey no way, I'm getting stuck with stupid D Rank mission like said," Naruto shot back at the taller boy.

Iruka sighed, "I'm not sure either team should do this Hokage-sama. Given what happened the last time the genins went on a C Rank mission." He said referring to the mission Naruto had told Kiba about. He really liked these kids and he didn't want them to get hurt. He had seen how they were after the last mission and it was only now that Team 7 seemed to be back to normal.

The Hokage nodded his head knowing what he was talking about as well.

Although it wasn't uncommon for mission ratings to change, given what happened to Team 7 and the emotional shock that it gave them he was reluctant to give it to either team. Team 7 had just got over things and he wanted to make sure that they were truly alright. Then he had Team 8 who was still 'green' as it were in dangerous situations. So he wasn't sure if he should give this to either team or just assign a couple of chunin for it.

Naruto frowned behind his mask, he really wanted to go on a new mission so why couldn't they do this. He knew how the last mission went but if the client could only afford one team then how could he make sure his team was picked? He looked over at Team 8 and saw that Hinata was looking down at the floor deep in thought. He knew that expression on her face she was doing that self doubt thing again. Maybe she needed this mission as well, he knew that she had a need to prove herself just like he did but for her she had to do it for her entire clan.