Chapter 2: Spycraft 101

Start from the beginning

He screamed like a little girl, jumped about two feet in the air, fumbled, flailed and nearly fell off his bed. He just barely managed to stop his tumble by catching himself on his night stand, causing the whole thing to shake, sending his Marvel chess set scattering across the floor.

Raphael hadn't even apologized for the startle, just shrugged it off like it was nothing with that obnoxiously attractive smirk and smug little eyebrow quirk, saying just to think of it as his first lesson in spying- always be vigilant of your surroundings. Said it was gonna be an ongoing lesson as if he could get that close without Simon even registering it he clearly needed all the practice he could get.

Simon had groused that he was in his own locked bedroom with a freaking barricaded door. Raphael just shrugged, totally unimpressed saying that's no excuse- yes it was a locked room with a barricaded door but the window latch was child's play to get through- even easier when it was not only unlocked but left partially open- and the trellis came up just about a foot from it, right between the window in his room and the one in the in-suite bathroom, said it was practically a welcome mat.

Simon'd glared, sniping he liked the cooler air at night. Raphael scoffed, totally unsympathetic, told him get a fan, stop moping, put on his big boy Wookie slippers and get back out in the living room cause his spy training was starting now, so 'get a move on Angel'. Simon'd sputtered and glared, told him not to call him that. Raphael just smirked that stupidly appealing smirk, singsonged 'Codenames' and said it's either Angel or Kitten.

Simon faltered, blinked and slumped, grumbling Angel's fine. Raphael flashed a smug little wink, squeezed his arm and yet again began ushering him towards the door. Simon again stammered and flailed, trying to wave it off, put off jumping into the insanity for a little bit longer, gesturing to the empty bottle but Raphael again scoffed, rolling his eyes. He waved it off right back, saying Simon hadn't even drank half a glass, just poured the neon blue monstrosity down the sink.

Simon sputtered again at that, demanding to know how he knew that. Raphael'd just shrugged, saying 'I'm a spy' while flashing that stupidly pretty little smirk and a way too attractive to be fair wink, slipping his arm around Simon's shoulders, tugging him over to the door, pushing the curio cabinet out of the way like it was nothing, all but dragging him out of his room and into the world of Spycraft insanity.

Simon didn't know if this was Raphael being an ass to help him through his panic and fear and motivate him or just being an ass cause he's kinda an ass but either way it was obnoxious as hell and totally uncalled for.

Whatever the case here he is: His first day of Spycraft 101.

Gotta say so far he's really not a fan. Though part of it could be that his apparent teacher is taking the whole 'teacher' thing WAY too literally.

Admittedly he really didn't have any clue what to expect from 'spy training' (especially since up to yesterday 'espionage' seemed about as likely a potential career for his as 'trapeze artist', 'big cat trainer' and 'Alien Linguistics expert') but in any case here he is. He expected it to be odd, expected a lot of information that he couldn't follow and a lot of confusion and a lot of 'oh my god I SO cannot do that' scenarios...he expected it to be totally overwhelming and more than a bit intimidating.

He really was not expecting PowerPoint's and pop quizzes. He feels like he's waken up back in high school.

"And of course the safest place to park is closest to an entrance, window or an area with heavy foot traffic. The more public a place you are the harder it is for someone to tamper with anything...on the other hand it also means it's harder to recognize any undue attention so there is that." Alec paused, reaching over, hitting the button on the computer, clicking to the next page.