Softbriar | SOUR_Soii

Thank you SOUR_Soii for the submission!

----

Name // Softbriar

Soft — His soft pelt.

Briar — The herbs he works with.

Okay! Softbriar is such a pretty name and I think it fits him quite well. It's a bit confusing how -briar relates to herbs, but that's fine. (4/5)

Clan // RiverClan (former), StarClan (current)

Okay!

Gender // Tom; he/him

Nice to see a tom!

Age // 132 moons at death

So he was pretty old.

Rank // Kit, Medicine Cat Apprentice, Medicine Cat, StarClan resident.

Okay!

Personality // When Softbriar was younger, his father made his disdain for Medicine-Cats very clear. (It's a little complicated, but in the short, his father was very close with his brother who died of a sickness the Medicine-Cats couldn't cure). This made him feel that if he wasn't actively helping his clanmates, he was confirming his father's view on Med-Cats. This leads to him struggle a lot with his self-worth as an apprentice, but luckily, Rattleberry always had a lot of time for him. As he gets older, Softbriar develops his even temperament and patience that makes him such a good Med-Cat. He can keep a cool head in most situations, and is actually a lot brighter then many would guess. He can't handle emotional confrontations of any sort, or anger in others. He just shuts down completely. He is quite sensible about most other things, but no one, not even Rattleberry, can help him past this block. He also struggles with dissatisfaction in cats around him, seeing it as his responsibility to make others happy. Softbriar prefers to act undignified and somewhat silly, as serious things make him feel nervous and not in control. He taught himself to be charismatic at a young age, and also took a lot of interest in how to read people (or cats I suppose). Not in a sinister way, he just found it interesting.

Nice! I love how you stated his strengths, weaknesses, and what built up to his personality. This looks amazing, great work! (10/10)

Appearance // He is a large, sturdily built tom with soft paws and a long, fluffy tail. Softbriar's pelt is of pale, grey/brown tabby fur and his belly, paws, neck, chest and muzzle are a cream/white colour. He has soft, rounded ears that quite mach his sweet personality. Bits of herbs can often be seen tangled in his long fur. The only scar Softbriar has is a narrow nick on his right ear. Wobblepaw liked for him to put a flower in it, like an earring. He also has pink paw-pads and nose along with round, sage eyes (just like his mothers').

Okay, he looks realistic enough. I'd change him to be a tabby-and-white instead of tabby-and-cream, because tabby-and-cream would mean he is somewhat of a tortoiseshell and that is nearly impossible in toms. He looks good otherwise. (9/10)

Backstory // Softkit is kitted in late greenleaf along with his other siblings, and spends his first 4 months in a cold, hungry world. His only brother doesn't make it through his first night, so when newleaf comes to RiverClan, it is like being born again. He sees the way his clanmates change when greenleaf comes, and decides he wants to make them look like that every day. His sisters want to be warriors, willing to fight and kill for their clan, but this isn't for Softkit. He is sure it isn't right to harm others and decides that he wants to be a Medicine-Cat. To heal and not to harm. His new-found purpose burns away like a little flame. When he trips over his paws as Loudpurr & Startledleap (father & mother respectively) try to teach him to hunt or when Tarkit beats him in a playfight for the 100th time or when Stingkit knows the names of all the prey, the little flame burns away inside him. keeping him warm.