Chapter 7 Part 1: Lost In Languages

Start from the beginning

  King flips the note over, "you will be handsomely rewarded. Xoxoxo, the Bat Queen."

  'Bat Queen?" Eda perks up as King holds up three snails. "Reward?"

  "Who's the Bat Queen?" (Y/n) asks as she aproched the table again.

  "She's wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles," Eda explains with a toothy smile. "Get in with her, and you're set for life. So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Off easy."

  "Our greatest adventure yet!" Luz smiles, "learning about love and life from a child's eyes."

  "Nuh-uh, you and (Y/n) need to return the books I've checked out from the library." Eda places small stacks in the teenagers arms.

  (Y/n) blows a raspberry at the books.

  Just as (Y/n) and Luz were about to leave, a loud shreik shakes the house.

  "On second thought, we could use your help!" Eda yells over the loud screams.

  "What was that? I can't hear you, we are leaving now, byeee!" (Y/n) smiles mischievously as she bolts out the door with Luz trailing behind.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  The two humans trudged through town towards the library, which was massive! Luz was look at the library with wonder and amazement as they entered inside.

  (Y/n) and Luz gasps as the books were lifted out of their arms and headed towards the librarian. "Late... Late... Coffee grass and blood stains. These are Eda's, aren't they?"

  Luz laughs, "that was a crazy night."

  The librarian sighs, " I'll put them on her tab. By the way, we're closing early for the Wailing Star meteor shower."

  (Y/n) looks behind the librarian to see a poster of the Wailing Star event. "Wow, what does it do?"

  "You're in a library," the librarian points out. "Read a book."

  (Y/n) pursed her lips, "oookkkaay."

  Luz however, took this as an advantage to adventure around as well as (Y/n).

  (Y/n) strode down the isles of shelves before something caught her eye. She picks up a brown leather book, "The History of the Boiling Isles. Huh."

  (Y/n) took a seat on a bean chair and opened the book and began reading. 'The Boiling Isles, born from the flesh and bones of a fallen Titan. This original magic was so potent, all life on the Isles evolved to wield magic too. Wow, that's real-'

  "You reading about the Boiling Isles history? It's pretty interesting right?" A voice says behind (Y/n), causing her to yelp and jump from her seat.

  "Whoa, calm down. I'm sorry, he didn't mean to scare you," another voice chimes out.

  (Y/n) looks behind her to see two teenagers. One was a girl with long green braided ponytail and bright gold eyes. The other was a boy looked similar to the girl, but with short wavy hair and was a few inches taller than the girl. They both looked like they were a year or two older than her.

  "Ah, it's fine. You just startled me is all," (Y/n) says bashfully. "And, yes. The book is a pretty cool read so far."

  "Aww, you're really cute," the girl coos as (Y/n) stutters with a flustered and confused expression. "Anyway, my name is Emira, and this is my brother Edric. We're Amity's older siblings."