Chapter 5: Inconvenience

Start from the beginning

Xichen, "I assure you that is not the case, young Master Jiang."

Jiang Cheng quickly pressed a button in the car to gain access to the driver, "Drop me off at the gate! I can't be seen like this."

"You look perfectly fine to me Jiang Cheng," Xichen smiled. 

"The fuck! I cannot be seen with Lan Qiren's teaching assistant and nephew on the first day of the semester. Take the car to the back," the omega said.  After a depressing sigh, Lan Xichen gave in, telling the driver to park elsewhere for the other's convenience.

Wei Ying on the other hand did not shy away. His backpack hanging on his shoulder he steps out of the car before Wangji could even hold the door. Ignoring everyone else, he moves to the third limo to get his sister. 

"Are you alright Jie?" Wei Ying carried her bag and held her hand.

"Yes XianXian," Yanli stayed close to him with her head low. As the guards tried to create a safe passage for them, they were bombarded with true or false questions. 

'Is it true that the twin pride of Yunmeng and the two jades of Lan are engaged?'

'Is this development due to the incident at the end of year party?'

'Why are you arriving in the same car?'

'How long have you been lovers?'

Wei Ying Ying refrained from answering any of those questions but with the glare he shot the jade behind him, the reporters knew something was up. Lan Wangji was left behind, cameras flashing in his face while unpleasant inquiries were thrown in the air. Getting past the reporters was one thing, the entire school wanted in on the jest, following them around like they were celebrities from a reality show. 

Getting to their lectures that day was not easy. Everywhere they went there were masses waiting for the chance to get an interview. This also affected their schedule for the day. Instead of sitting through their last class, the three hid somewhere with their friends. 

"You mean you're going to get married to the jades, just like that?" Nie Huaisang refused to understand the situation. At least the Wens expressed some form of anger toward their predicament. "Have you told Xue Yang about this?" Wen Qing asked Wei Ying. 

"Hahh, that one is going to be furious at me for agreeing to it," Wei Ying bit at his fingernails. Yanli slapped his writs to deter him.

Huaisang, "You agreed?"

Jiang Cheng threw a candy bar at the former, "Shut up Huaisang, none of us wanted this!"

Huaisang, "Dont mind me, I thought Wei Ying was already hooked to Chengmei."

"There you go again. Chengmei is my type no doubt but I didnt reach him fast enough," Wei Ying threw his head back in the chair as he moped, exposing his long slender neck and a hidden secret.

Wen Qing, "Can you not tempt us with your unmarked skin? And what do you mean by not reaching him fast enough?"

Wei Ying lifted his head, swallowing his spit as he went over the facts. "Xue Yang already has a mate. An omega who unlike me is gentle and fragile and very pretty. And he's also an amazing cook."

"Pfft! Don't underestimate yourself, Wei Ying, there's a reason why you're known as the exotic lotus of Yunmeng. You're at the very top of the pyramid. Im surprised no clan has hunted you already,"

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, "Uhh, hello! Yanli and I are sitting right here!"

"Come on, you know what I mean," Wen Qing winked. "So where are the jades?"