Chapter 20

Bella had finished her shift in the garage and was currently working in the clubhouse. Going between being a bartender and doing laundry for the men who almost seemed to live there. It had been a long day for her and she knew it was only going to be longer. Still she didn't complain and went about her tasks with a smile. It was a year of her life, a year to prove herself. If she could hang out with the supernatural without getting herself killed or going insane for two years, then she could be the club bitch for a year.

"Prospect!" Tig, her sponsor, yelled from the doorway of the clubhouse.

"Yeah?" Bella called back as she stocked up the bar.

"Repo! Let's go!"

Bella smiled as she stepped out from behind the bar. She hadn't been allowed to go on a repo before. It had always been the men. She was excited about this.

"Wipe that smile from your face!" Tig snarled at her as she went to change her Kutte for her Teller-Morrow shirt. Taking her Kutte with her into the tow truck. She took it everywhere.

"Sorry Tiggy," Bella said, trying and failing not to smile as he shook his head and smirked at her. He was always barking at her, but ninety percent of the time he did it with a smile or a smirk so she didn't take it personally.

"You ready for this? People tend to be assholes when you take their shit," Tig said, climbing into the driver's seat.

"I'm ready," Bella gave a nod as he started the truck up.

"You packing?"

"Always," Bella replied, suddenly feeling the weight of the gun against her skin that was constantly tucked into the waistband of whatever pants she was wearing.

"Good girl, Princess," Tig nodded as he pulled out of the lot. "There's crowbars and shit in the back as you know, guns are a last resort. Violence isn't."

"Nervous?" Bella asked as they traveled down a familiar road, checking her phone for missed calls or messages. Nothing. It had been a day since she had last heard from Happy, she tried not to worry but it wasn't easy.

"Why the fuck would I be nervous?" Tig looked at her like she was crazy.

"Last time we were in this truck together we got ambushed and you got shot. Twice," Bella said, she thought that should be obvious. She kept checking her phone. If he rang now she was taking it as a sign and having her gun in her hand ready to go. She refused to get shot. Again.

"If I got nervous everytime I rode with someone I got shot with I'd be nervous all the fucking time," Tig snorted with a slightly crazed grin.

"That's reassuring," Bella witted with an eye roll.

"Hey, I ain't dead yet," Tig said, still grinning. "Plus I got Tomb Raider with me."

Bella chuckled at that. "Does that make you the butler?"

"No, that makes me the guy who's going to kick your skinny ass if you don't shut the fuck up. Prospect," Tig snarled without any heat and a smile still gracing his lips. His blue eyes held humor. "How ya getting on with that anyway, seriously?"

"Seriously?" Bella raised her eyebrows not sure if this was a trap or a test or something.

"Yeah, no repercussions. I promise Princess," Tig added, humor gone now. He at least sounded like he really wanted to know how she was getting on.

"Okay," Bella shrugged. "It's not easy for sure, you guys can be jerks. But I know you all love me anyway so I shrug it off and get on with it."

"Huh, gonna have to rack it up a notch if you're okay," Tig said and Bella's eyes widened, hoping he was joking. "Relax Princess," he snorted and then chuckled. "I said no repercussions and I meant it."