Chapter 19

Blood dripped down from the chair, the fabric stained, the floor marred and ruined.

"How could you?" Charlie was facing her, holding his guts in his hands, he wasn't making eye contact. He couldn't see as his eyes were still on the floor, next to the growing puddle of blood.

"I'm sorry, I never meant-"

"You did this!" Charlie shouted out.

"I didn't, I didn't," Bella sobbed.

"You did that," Charlie said, pointing behind her.

Bella turned to see two dead bodies on the floor. The people she had killed. The men who would never see their families again.

"I had too!" Bella said, she did, it was either them or Tig or her. She couldn't have let Tig die.

"You're a killer. A murderer!" Charlie yelled. "You deserve this!"

Matt was there, grabbing hold of her, groping her body as she tried to fight him off.

"Spitfire!"

She fought harder as sobs came. He couldn't be doing this and calling her that.

"Spitfire!"

No! His hands were everywhere, pinning her down, defenceless, helpless.

"Bella!"

Bella's eye snapped open and Happy was pinning her to the bed. His eyes wide as he looked down at her.

It was a nightmare. Just a nightmare. Oh god, she'd woken Happy up just because of a nightmare. He was going to be so angry with her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Bella said, feeling tears roll down her cheeks.

"Girly?"

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. I'm okay, go back to sleep," she said in a rush.

"Bella, calm down. It's okay. It's okay Girly. Don't matter about waking me, hey?" Happy said, releasing her wrists, his eyes full of concern as he cupped her cheek and wiped her tears with his thumb. "One hell of a nightmare. You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I'm sorry," Bella said, catching her breath and leaning into his comforting touch.

"Stop with the sorry bullshit already. What was that about? The dream?" Happy asked, laying down next to her and pulling her onto his chest.

"It doesn't matter," Bella said, feeling stupid as her heart started slowing down a little. Happy's solid form next to her calming her down a little. It had just been a nightmare.

"If it fucks ya up that bad it does. Tell me," Happy insisted, his hand still on her cheek.

"Erm, Charlie..." Bella caught her lip between her teeth, biting down on it to stem any tears that might fall. She did not want to cry.

Happy rolled away and searched for something in his nightstand, they were in his dorm room after the party the night before. Or the party that might still be going on, Bella had no idea what time it was.

"Here," Happy said, lighting a joint and passing it over. "Smoke that and talk."

"Charlie... I found him after he was killed. They'd eviscerated him and pulled his eyes out," Bella said, her hands shaking as she took another drag of the joint and passed it back to Happy.

"Shit Spitfire," Happy said with a frown, his arm going back around her as he pulled her further on to his chest.

"He was, yelling at me, calling me a murderer. The two guys I killed were there. And then Matt..." Bella stopped talking and took the joint back. "Does it get easier?"