9| I Hate You

A/N: A short high school story of them :) pov: they're 14-15

"I hate you! I'm so sick of you!" Jessie yelled and held back the tears that could float at any moment.

"What? Jess, listen, it's just a small joke!" Leon could feel it wasn't how he thought she would react.

"Jessie, Leon, please stand at the corner. Recess is over. Both of you need to calm down." their teacher said sternly. "It's not time for fun."

"See? Even Missus Airy said it's for fun! Why are you taking everything so serious?" Leon snorted and looked away from Jessie.

"Oh fun? Making me tripping is fun? Causing someone to hurt and being splashed with a whole bucket of cold water is FUN?" Jessie stared at Leon. "I'm not being a good student today, so what? That doesn't mean I need to tolerate your dumb and disrespectful humor!"

"Jessie!" the teacher looked at her. "I need to see both of your parents after school. Leon, don't sneak out again."

"...K." Leon rolled his eyes and out his hands in the pocket. "School sucks." He mumbled.

[After school.]

"Dude I thought you told me to yet her attention?" Leon snorted as he opened his locker.

"Geez, I didn't tell you to prank her!" Crow sighed.

"Guys...I think she needs some sleep. Us too." Sandy yawned and sprinkled some sand into his mouth.

"Ugh what a helpful advice. Now both of you can go to play basket ball and I need to stay after school and my father is gonna know." Leon groaned and grabbed his backpack, walking back to his classroom.

On the other side, Jessie was still trying to calm herself down.

"I don't know...I've never done this before! Mom is gonna be so mad..." Jessie sighed and closed her locker.

"Girl sometimes I feel so bad that you're at the same class as Leon. He's totally a jerk." Penny rolled her eyes and wore her favorite eyepatch.

"Hmm..whatever, school is like that." Jessie sadly smiled. "Oh it's time. see you tomorrow!"

"Good luck! Even if your mom doesn't, I'm proud of ya!" Penny yelled at the back as Jessie turned away.

"Thanks!" Jessie turned back for the last time and gave her an assuring smile.

"Nita, your brother is more stupid than you." Penny rolled her eyes at Nita while she was kissing a bear locket.

"Leon stupid." Nita murmured.

"You're not on your brother's side, are you?" Penny laughed.

"Always with Pen and Jess." Nita laughed.

[In the classroom.]

"So, Mr. Bo, your son stole shoes and oil from nowhere and placed them on the floor to trip Jessie. And then as she tried to stand up again, your son splash a whole bucket of water to her. Any explanation?" The teacher asked.

"Shame. I promise it won't happen ever again." Bo said with his usual monotone.

"Dad, it's not like that! It's just a trick! You know how much I wanna be a brawler." Leon looked up to his father, but he didn't react at all.

"We hope you can do something to teach your son, Mr. Bo. It happened almost every 3 days."

"I will." Bo stated.

Sighing, the teacher turned to Jessie and Pam. "Your daughter actually has been such a nice girl and her grades are never less than a B. Just one problem, she sometimes has a bad attitude and will yell at others."

Jessie looked down nervously, not daring to meet Pam's eyes.

"Ahem, I don't think she's doing wrong." Pam said.

What? Jessie looked up to her mother immediately and she only returned a smile. She then turned to the teacher again. "Jessie was trying to protect herself and not be harmed. I don't see any problem in it."

"But it'll affect other student, and it's not very polite, especially for a girl to d-"

Bam.

"Is it a school? Shouldn't you teach them to both be kind to others AND learn to protect themselves? The world isn't such a heavenly place. They need to learn to stand up for themselves!" Pam raised her voice. "My daughter is learning it, and I don't see anything wrong. By the way, don't use the 'especially for girls'. It's such a stereotype and I bet you still haven't realized Jessie is into robotic lessons? Everyone has their right to choose their path."

The teacher was stunned but stayed calm anyways. "Uh- ma'am,  us being teacher, it's a must for us to teach them to love each other. It happened already and all I hope is for them to apologize and befriend again."

"This dumbass school..." Pam mumbled, "Fine! Just get this quick and I need to make dinner."

"Alright, so Jessie and Leon. I know both of you aren't feeling very good. Would you just apologize to one another? It's no need to form hatred." The teacher kindly smiled.

Jessie glared at Leon with a slightly annoyed face. "Fine, sorry. I won't yell at you again." She looked away immediately.

"I'm not sorry for anything." Leon stated and crossed his arms. "What's wrong with me? That trick works so well though."

"Leon." Bo stared at Leon, making him trembled.

"Okaaaay...sorry, I won't do tricks on you again....I guess." Leon mumbled.

[At home.]
[Jessie's side.]

"I do think you were doing a great job, sweetie." Pam smiled as she passed cheese mashed potato to Jessie.

"Really? You aren't mad? I know it's bad, I really know..." Jessie looked down and drank the soup.

"Oh why would I be mad? Didn't I tell you it's okay to love robots as a girl? I think it's such a glow up that you have the audacity to be against a boy. A very tricky one." Pam chuckled. "But why would he do that though? To be honest I don't really hate him. He's just one of those boys that're really terrible at school and prefer to play."

"He's just an asshole." Jessie pouted. "Last time my hair was almost cut!"

"I told you to use those explicit words when you're an adult, honey." Pam sighed, "Anyways, I don't think Leon plays tricks on everyone. I think he especially does that...to you?"

"I don't know! I just hate him like this." Jessie sighed and ate the mashed potatoes. At least the food was really good.

"I got it...boys are boys. They sometimes just don't know how to be friendly." Pam nodded.

"Friendly? I don't think he likes me at all. He always calls me a bookworm." Jessie replied with an annoyed face.

"Want mint tea?" Nani walked in with 3 glasses of tea in her hands.

"Sure." Pam and Jessie answered in sync. They looked at each other and burst into giggles.

"Just put that case aside. The food is good, huh?"

[Leon's side.]

"Nita, you didn't say anything to them, right?" Leon questioned as they ate fast food as dinner again. Bo was out to go anywhere just not home.

"Crush? No!" Nita shook her head. "Secret!"

"I'm never gonna listen to Crow again..." Leon muttered. "Do you have good ideas? I think Jessie really hated me now."

"Why will I?" Nita raised an eyebrow after eating the whole plate of pasta.

"Cause you're a girl as well and your her friend."

"Hm..." Nita squinted her eyes. "No candies."

"What?" Confused, Leon took out a lollipop form his pocket that he stole.

"Jess, no candies." Nita repeated.

"She doesn't like candies?" Leon asked.

"No!" Nita shook her head aggressively. "Jess, candies, can't."

"She can't eat candies? Why?"

"Strict mother!"

"Oh wow...now that's such an interesting news. Thanks Nita." Leon smiled and patted her head. "You wanna finish the pizza? Go ahead."

"Thank you!" Nita happily grabbed the last piece of pizza and finished it in a quick few seconds.

"She cannot eat candies...sounds really sad." Leon laid down on the floor and got lost in thoughts.

"Maybe I could make it up."

~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~
Part 2? Nope :)
So yep, cliche story of a boy having a crush and decides to prank his crush. Stupid.
That's it! Thanks for reading lol.
Stay safe and see ya!