8| Fate

A/N: It's a Tara x Gene cuz I love Tara sm so why not :)

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He wore black, dress dark, with burning red eyes.

"Yes." Fearlessly, she replied.

"I give you the power of a seer, and I shall take your name, your voice and face?"

"I need to live, and a face, a voice or a name don't matter." She wouldn't change her mind. "I need a good business. Tarot cards are the only thing I'm good at."

"Very well. It's a pleasure to do business with you." He laughed, showing his hand which was covered with gloves.

She knew exactly what she was doing. Just this one more step, and the deal would be done.

She gulped and looked at her face in the mirror one last time. Dark skin with delicate face. Bright green eyes and rosy cheeks. With golden earrings and long eyelashes, looking more gorgeous than any doll in the world. And she's gonna change her own fate, forever.

She took her hand out.

A pleased smirk sneaked onto his face as they shook hand.

"From now on, your name,"

"Tara."

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

It's another beautiful day.

Tara was just doing her amazing career as a fortune teller. The prophecies she made never went wrong, and was named one of the best magician of all time.

Her shadowy clones helper helped with serving everything the customer needed, to make sure the tarot card reading won't go wrong. Everything sounded so perfect and fine. Tara lived in what she wanted, and did better than she could ever imagine.

Finally, 11 pm...Tara thought. She looked around and saw that no more people had come. She quietly closed the door and locked it.

Another great day of business. She chuckled. She did chuckle, but the only sound she could make was "mhmmhmm". Sometimes she forgot about it, but it's okay. She got used to it. It's been a years.

She took off the fabric that was wrapped around her face, taking a deep breath.

It reveals nothing.

Her head was just floating in the air with dark purple smoke. Her eyes were shown only and her hair somehow still grown beautifully. Tara sighed as she took a sip from the coffee.

Well, basically you couldn't imagine how she eat. You would only see the food disappearing once Tara held the food close to her mouth. It somehow just got sucked into her mouth.

Not having a face doesn't mean Tara couldn't do things people normally could. She could see, smell, hear, and touch like everyone could, hmm..maybe just her voice. She could never talk again. She learned a lot and she's definitely an intelligent woman, but she lost her voice and the only sound she could make, yes, it's the famous "mhmhmmm".

You ask how does she communicate, being a seer? Simple as it, she wrote the words down. It could be just a word or a sentence, but the magic power somehow showed such a clear vision that talking isn't really a need.

Hmm...get some sleep, shall I? Tara walked into her bedroom, which was decorated with purple, gold, reddish purple and blue. She laid in her bed, feeling the cool silky bedsheets as she stretched her arms.

Life wasn't really that bad, but that's just one thing she wanted to know so bad.

She forgot her real name.

She didn't remember how does she look like.

That doesn't matter. I'm living well, eating well, doing well. A deal is a deal and everything is planned in fate. I guess that's my fate, right? Somehow, being the marvelous Tara she was, she couldn't do a single tarot reading for herself. Maybe it's for the best, who knows? She just felt...weak, whenever she tried to read the cards for herself. She couldn't, something was stopping her from the truth. Some stronger power.

Tara almost fell asleep. Her mind was still wandering around the cards. Maybe I'll get a set of new cards someday so that the old one won't be needed? There're so many more choices nowadays.

Knock knock.

Weird...It's 11 at night. People know my house is closed. She thought out loud.