Chapter 7: Preparation

Start from the beginning

...

After a short time, she falls back down onto the couch, tilting over slowly before ending up on my shoulder.

"So... Do I need to improve more?" She asks after a small pause.

"Sora, you were already perfect when I left." I answer her, "You've just become even better now, so I think you can calm down on the front."

"Well, I'm still not as good as you..."

"So? Even if that was true, it doesn't take away from your accomplishments." I breathe in, "You've worked hard to get to your current skill level, so throwing all of that away just because you aren't as good as one person just invalidates all the work you've put in."

"Yeah... I guess so." She somberly replies.

I yawn and look out the studio window, "Sora, you've become a fully-fledged star in Terra, and you've earned it. You have no business putting yourself down just because you "aren't as good as me", you are amazing Sora, always know that."

...

"Thanks," She says.

I reply with a smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, the plan's simple." Emperor says from the head chair at the table, "We have three groups that we spread across Lungmen. We spot the bastards and pop em' full of lead."

Currently, every Penguin Logistics member aside from Mostima has been called to discuss how to deal with the mafiosos. Emperor seems to have already laid out a plan though.

"Who's in what group?" Sora asks.

"Uh... Croissant and Bison, Texas and Sora, Exusiai and Az. Yeah, That'll work." The penguin spouts from his high chair, "That fine with everyone?"

"No." Sora says without hesitation, "I'm going with Az."

"Uh, You guys had a full night to catch up! You're trying to monopolize him Sora!" Exusiai says from across the table.

"So! I haven't finished catching up with him yet!" Sora argues, "Az never moved onto another task before finishing his current one! He should stay with me until we've fully caught up and then you can have him!"

"That makes no sense! Relationships aren't a task! You got your time to catch up, you got a lot of it! We also nee-"

I fade them out and glance over at Texas.

We stare at each other silently, both annoyed by the unnecessary argument.

She points at herself and then me, I nod knowing what she's proposing.

...

"I'll be with Az." Texas says shutting up both Sora and Exusiai.

"But-"

"Alright then." The penguin says before anyone gets to protest, "Az will be with Texas, Exusiai and Sora will be together, and Croissant will be with the newbie."

"Please don't call me that" Bison butts in.

"We'll go out in a couple days, during the Sawing festival or whatever it's called." Emperor says ignoring Bison completely.

"The Sauin Festival." Texas corrects him.

"Yeah, that. We go out then and we pop those bastards, and no more complaining bout' groups, alright."

"Sure..." Sora and Exusiai both say, me and Texas nod as Bison seems to yet again forget how to process reality. Croissant simply shows an eager thumbs-up.