1. batman being fatally injured is inconvenient

The bright shining lights of the hospital were a comfort to her most nights. Keeping things clear and visible for Nadia Kim but tonight in particular she felt a headache come on. The hallways were pristine as they should but there was a vintage feel to the almost peeled paint on every corner of the walls. The hospital wasn't as stuffy as Nadia was used to and maybe that was why she chose Gotham General as her preferred environment of practice. There was history here that to anyone else felt eerie but to her, there was something grounded to it.

Now in one of the hundreds of rooms in the most notable hospital in Gotham, she was surrounded by the most advanced technology that science had to offer juxtaposed to the aging building. She was lucky to be able to be where she was and that she had a job like this one with a huge tech company funding the hospital. There were always days like these that make her go back on some of the optimism.

Nadia had a lot of colorful words she wanted to tell the man who had just tried to flirt with her using wildly outdated stereotypes. Though seeing as this is a professional environment and he was her patient, Nadia decided against it.

After a long pause consisting of Nadia quietly accepting what had just happened to her, she goes, "You should get some rest and drink up your water. One of the nurses will come in and check up on you in half an hour."

"Sure thing, sweetheart," The patient gives her a poor attempt at a wink. Nadia walked out of the room wondering where things went wrong with the man or maybe it was her life choices. That wasn't something that Nadia had a degree for so she took a deep breath and put it behind her. It never happened.

Tanya Fox, the nurse in charge of that patient, was waiting outside for Nadia's instructions.

She was one of the nurses that Nadia had been acquainted with when she entered the ER unit. Tanya was an older woman, who's been at this hospital for decades. At first glance, one couldn't guess. The woman aged gracefully and was as spunky as a young adult. However, when you look into her eyes you could see that stories lasting a lifetime were in there. It gave her years away.e3

Tanya showed incredible skill as a nurse. The woman has been doing it for her entire life. Her experience made her a hot topic when it comes to teams and shifts every year. Almost everyone wanted a chance to work with her because she was just that good at what she does. Not only that she was a lovely person to be around, anyone would vie for her. It made Nadia laugh thinking about how she was able to finally work with the infamous Tanya Fox.

Nadia handed over the patient's medical file to Tanya. "He's just as you said. Check up on him in thirty. He doesn't show any signs of an overdose. There's nothing we can do but check up on his progress. If his heart rate drops lower than his average then call me back in and we'll deal with him. For now, you can check up on him every ten minutes. If he improves after two hours, then he can be picked up by his guardian."

"Thanks, Nadia," Tanya said, looking over the file. "And sorry about all of that, too. I would've let you know if I knew he was like that."

Tanya was one of two people on Nadia's team that was allowed to just call her by her first name and not her title during work. She would find things like that stiff but Nadia was the type of person that had to demand respect rather than it being afforded to her. Tanya has always afforded her respect so it was a no-brainer. She's spent a lot of time with the woman during work and built up quite a friendship.

"Exotic," Nadia sighed a pained smile, reflecting on the man's words. "It's always exotic... But you don't have to apologize for a patient's actions. If you want, you can ask Harry to go in with you when you do check-ups. That is if Mr. Exotic's even awake by then."

Tanya nodded. "I'll look for Harry and ask if he's free when the time comes around."

"Sounds good. Keep up the good work, Tanya," Nadia told her and walked towards another room.