RENT

Mercedes POV-

After buying our dresses we headed back home, lugging our heavy dresses all the way. We lived just down the street, but it was still very far for a girl with no upper body strength. We passed Grace and her friends. She and her 'posse' gave me disgusted looks and I shrank under my dress I was carrying, wishing I could disappear.

"Do you know them?" Steph said after we had passed them.

"Ya." I shrugged

"Why were they looking at you like that?" she asked repositionng her dress on to her shoulder.

"I'll tell ya later."

Approaching our house, we decided to give the guys a warning before we walked in.

I unlocked the door and we ran quickly up to my room. Giggling, we stuffed the dresses into my closet.

"Girls?" We heard Jacob ask from outside the door.

"One sec!" She called out still trying to fit hers in.

We finally got it in and slammed the door shut. Exhausted, we flopped down onto the bed.

"Can I come in now?" He asked

"Yep" Steph said and he came in and put his hands on his hips.

"So?"

"So what?" I asked

"So aren't you guys gonna show us your dresses?" he asked excitedly.

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

"Why not?" Dad came in from behind

"Were gonna keep it a secret" Staph said and we giggled

"Alright but we have to go shop for ma-"

"Makeup!" I covered up my dad almost letting the surprise out.

"Okay lets go right now while the store is still open." she said not seeming to notice the slip up.

"How do I know what to wear if you dont tell me what color your dress is?" Jacob whined

"Here." she said pulling a slip of the dress out of the crack in my closet door.

"Okay" he nodded contemplatively before we headed downstairs.

"I don't think we need to go makeup shopping Steph. WE already have a lot." I said.

"Ya I guess you're right." she said plopping down on the couch next to Jacob.

"Want some hot chocolate?" Dad spoke up from the kitchen

"Yes please!!!!!" we all replied and Steph put R.E.N.T. in

"Yay!!!! I love this movie!!!!" Jacob squealed in delight and we laughed at him.

"Here you guys go! Dont stay up too late, were going on an adventure tomorrow" Dad said and kissed both of our foreheads

"Night!"

After a while we all started singing along and reciting every line. It wasn't like we were freaks or anything, it was just that all three of us had been n a production of it before.

"So Mercedes, do you have a date to Steph's party?" Jacob asked in between songs.

"No." i said bashfully.

"I know someone who needs a date if you want

one."

"Oh um thanks but everybody in the cast is at least a year older than I am." I said drinking my hot cocoa.

"Oh come on I know at least 2 of them think you are hot and one thinks you are cute." he said

"No no Im not hot or cute."

"What do you mean yes you are. You are be-" my sister started

"Dont try to tell me what I am that I know that Im not." I said running up to my room

A/N

Hey guys I have had so much writers block with this story its no teven funny. I'm probably going to delete this sometime in the next month :(