Chapter Fourteen

Author's Notes:

I made it! Also...welcome to the 1st of May!

Talk about bringing in this one on a sniff of an oily rag... it was a good 10+ hour slog yesterday.

Writing 4-way smut is *hard* (giggle) and time-consuming to make sure everything goes where it's supposed to and our boys were behaving like recalcitrant children.

Before I hand this one over to you all - E and I have decided to take a week off next week. I think I busted, or at least, clogged my smut valve this week so I need to do some declogging and prep for what's coming up. (hint hint hint...the antici...pation will kill us all).
Also, since E's work has gone back to normal (shift) and having a young person going through final exams, I want to give my ever-hardworking beta time to decompress for a minute or two. I can't hug her in thanks or pay her and I can't buy her a drink in person so the next best thing is a little free time.

Anyway, sending you all peace, love and happiness... and bucketloads of appreciation for your comments and support!

J💕💕💕

Club Sixxty9

Evening

Jon POV

"This way," Nikki said, leading them through the private back door to his club, out of sight of the main entrance. "We'll keep you as a surprise, shall we?" he said to Richie, with a sly grin.

Tommy had arranged for a car service to pick them up, take them from club to club and then take them home when required so that they could all let their hair down and have some fun. They would spend time at Sixxty9 first, with Richie playing, then he'd leave his guitar locked away in Nikki's office, away from prying eyes, whilst they moved on to Tommy's clubs to dance the rest of the night away.

Walking through the labyrinth of halls to Nikki's office brought Jon uncomfortably vivid reminders of the last time he was here, dealing with Richie's broken heart over his father's impending death. At the time, Jon had held a lot of animosity toward Nikki after receiving his phone call. That same resentment had prevailed through many of the intervening years, but he could safely say that this week had negated all of that.

Finally, he understood his husband's bond with Nikki a little better and could also acknowledge that Nikki and Tommy had a similar relationship to his and Richie's. Total devotion to each other.

"Make yourselves at home," Nikki said, tossing his jacket on the back of the couch. "I'm just gonna tell the crew you're here, Street Rat. Do you want to be announced before you hit the stage at all or keep it simple?"

"Keep it simple," Richie said, removing his guitar from its case. "You'll get all the accolades then, babe." He quickly tuned it and started running through a few riffs and melodies to get his fingers warmed up.

It wasn't one of his usual touring guitars, which were safely locked away back home at Rosie's, where Seb was keeping a watchful eye over the band's gear, but a lesser one that took a little rougher handling during travel when his guitar tech wasn't around to fix any damage.

"Accolades!" Nikki snorted in amusement and left the office.

"Right, let's get this night started, shall we?" Tommy crowed, rubbing his hands together in glee. "What do you want to drink?" he asked, but before either Jon or Richie could answer Tommy exclaimed, "Wait up! I wanna see what Jonny gets up to on Jack since we've only ever heard the stories." With a cackle of a laugh, Tommy flew out the door leaving Jon and Richie staring at each other in surprise.