13.Gnosis

Notes:
Pain /comfort! It's really sad here so prepare yourself Here comes pain (Childe and Zhongli are in spain without the a).

Music:Mitski -first love/late spring

This is a short chapter !!!

————————————————————

Summary: How Zhongli gave the Gnosis to Childe, with many feelings.

____________________________________

A small golden glow emanated from his body as he reached inside his body with one hand and pulled out of his body a golden, almost glittering object, a Gnosis.

   And who would have thought it was the Gnosis of the Geo Archon: Morax.

   Childe had some theories as to who Zhongli was at the time.  A banished prince?  A spoiled gentleman who ran away from home?  Surely he must be of noble birth to have accumulated such a wide range of obscure knowledge of Liyue culture while having exactly zero life skills.
   Despite all the obvious signs pointing to it, he never tapped into Rex Lapis.

For the first time in years, Childe was a tribe when he tried to defy the truth he knew it was the truth.

The betrayal hurt all the more, every damn day he tried desperately to find a way to get his hands on this Archon's Gnosis and with that the Tsaritsa could be happy. Except it ended very differently than he expected.

He had to endure pain to get what she wanted in the end, because as Harbinger, he was told, you are nothing but a ridiculous weapon of the Tsaritsa herself, only to be used and end up starting all over again. One and the same.It was never even different in any way.

He regrets having loved Zhongli with his heart.

But none of his feelings for him changed.

He looked up at the Gnosis that glittered and just waited for Childe's approval as Zhongli did, no words were spoken only Childe clenched his fist to the limit, anger washing over him. despite this, he remained half-hearted and played himself as the evil.

Zhongli stretched out his arm, the traces of fear in him fading away as if they didn't even exist. He had never seen Zhongli with such an expression in his golden eyes. It had an apological side, but it faded quickly. And above all...he never had fear of the unsuspecting adviser. But right now, this look at Zhongli, no, Morax's eyes –he let him
surprised a few steps blunt back

but Childe could recognize the two simple words from his lips and the painful expression on the normally grasped face.

,,So you were playing all the time?"

"Forgive me. "

He laughed in frustration, trying to find suitable words that made it difficult for him to convey his feelings to Zhongli. The questions he wanted to know, wanted to clarify.
"If the meetings were real" was one of them.

The conversations went on every time as usual, Snezhnaya, Liyue, chopsticks and every time he saw that intrigued smile Zhongli gave him. He didn't know exactly why he was doing this, annoyed that Childe was trying to usurp Morax's gnosis. It just didn't make sense.

Nothing.

He hadn't blamed him, he would have thought anyone in the situation would have everyone would hate someone like childe, exile, groll and avoid until the last...yet it made him wince in unease. He wished the time could only tick a little faster because the face Childe was going to make right now wouldn't be in Zhongli's prosperity.

Zhongli was the one who had lost his grace, so why does Childe feel like his own heart had been torn out? The same heart, once filled with greed, feels empty and longs for something.

Zhongli's ears sound with "Xiansheng" and the cadence of Childes Tartaglia's laugh.

He's not Rex Lapis anymore. He hasn't been a Morax for centuries. He's just Zhongli now.

Zhongli, who thought he was making the right decision until he realized that he was somehow appreciating Childe's camaraderie and care more than his divinity.
Zhongli with a hole in his chest caused by his own greed and his grasping hands.

,,Let me ask you for my last favor,Zhongli-Xiansheng,may I?"his chest was strongly beating,his voice broke.

Zhongli's voice trembled with betrayal,he didn't forgive himself.

,,Whatever you want-

Before he can finish his sentence, Zhongli's lips seal his words. Childe snatches for air and suddenly nothing counts in the world except the man before him. He closes his eyes and kisses him back, and his lips are like honey; soft and addictive.

As they separate, Childe loops his arms around the other and buries his head in Zhongli's chest. Tears flowing from Childe's face to the coat that Zhongli wore.

,,Promise me you'll stay with me."

,,Well,In any case, i shall be with you the entire time.You won't be alone,Ajax."

____________________________________
Notes:
Words:834 :((
This chapter is a bit short (because I should just do what happens after that)

i decided to do the happy end otherwise my heart would break.Here's no La Signora only two idiots who are idiots.

Here's no La Signora only two idiots who are idiots

Tiktok:@zcx_wattpad

____________________________________