Becoming a Demon Slayer

During the year I was 9 years old I never did anything other than training

During the year I was 9 years old I never did anything other than training. Sometimes I trained so much my skin would get all rough. More than once my grandpa had to tell me to take a break from training.

At first, it was really hard for me to stick to his training regimen. I would swing the sword, do leg exercises, and practice stamina, speed, and strength. At first, I thought about giving up, but then I remembered the blood in my room that night. Not in grandpa's house, but in my old house with my parents. Suddenly a flashback came up.

"One day, when we're not here Kimiko." my mother started. "You will have to be the one who protects others."

My large yellow eyes looked deep into my mom's green eyes.

How did I get yellow eyes? I wondered.

"Kimiko, I believe that one day... you will reach your fullest potential" my father had said from the back.

I didn't know what they were saying at the time. So I just smiled. The flashback ended.

I think I know what you mean grandpa when you said that my parents are in the sky.

I looked up at the sky and waved.

"I will make sure I make you two proud," I said as I proudly smiled at the sky while panting from all the running.

I followed my grandpa's regimen for 4 months and I was ready for the Final Selection. I walked into the beautiful forest filled with Wisteria in it. I was in awe. I was so busy staring at the trees that I did not realize there was a boy in front of me.

"The hell is a kid at the age of 5 doing here," he said making an ugly face.

"Would you like for me to fight for you, and then after you can go home and cry to mommy?" another man said from a distance.

Now everyone was staring at me. Not only that but laughing at me. I was embarrassed. I looked away, hoping this would stop. I got mad the more they laughed at me.

"You should shut your mouth. Cause I might be the person kicking the demon's ass while you will be the one whimpering in fright" I said with a scary tone.

They all looked at me. Some stopped with fear. I could tell by their heartbeats. And some were still laughing hysterically. They only stopped when the twin-like figures came in front of us.

"Final Selection, you will have to survive 7 days and 7 nights," said the twin on the right.

"And if you do, you will be declared a demon slayer. Let the trial begin" the twin on the left side said.

Everyone started to enter. Some of the boys were giving me threatening glares, but I ignored them.

The first 3 nights went smoothly. The demons were all weak. The 4th night was when the drama started.

Day 4 of Final Selection

I was running constantly. My heart is beating as hard as a rock. The night was always busy. I could hear multiple demons that were not that far away. I also heard a familiar voice.

"PLEASE DON'T EAT ME! PLEASE! I WILL DO ANYTHING!" said a boy.

I ran, I could save this person. But when I got there I knew why I remembered the sound of his voice.

"HEY DIMWIT YOU'RE STILL ALIVE, KILL THIS DEMON! HE SAYS HE'S BEEN ALIVE FOR 65 YEARS"

I was surprised after hearing he was 65 years old. I wanted to kill the demon, but a part of me wanted the boy to suffer. But I remembered what my mother told me.

Kimiko when we are gone, you will be the one who protects others.

I jumped with all my might and twirled into the air. I carried the man's bridal style to get him out of the way. He probably broke his legs.

After setting him aside, I jumped into the air once more, getting ready for my attack.

"YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME, CHILD," said the ugly demon.

"Thunder Breathing... Fifth form: Heat Lightning" I said.

I let out the attack, and he became fried by all the lightning.

"Thunder Breathing... First form: Thunderclap and Flash" I said.

I finished him off. I let out a static breath.

"So fast... I didn't even react to it" said the demon.

I looked back at it.

"Hopefully in your next life, you can become a demon slayer next time"

The boy saw what I did, and apologized.

"I told you I would be the one saving your ass"

I walked away. Feeling more confident than ever knowing I landed an attack with the fifth form!

The other 3 days passed, and I was SO happy to get out of the final selection. But when it all ended, there were only 2 people. I guess the boy I saved died while trying to make it here.

"Okay, now you will choose your stone." said the twin on the right.

"And here are your Kasugai crow's," said the one on the right.

I received my Kaugai crow and I totally fell in love (like cuteness okay).

"OMG OMG YOUR SO CUTE" I exclaimed.

The crow looked proud.

"You will choose your stone now," said the one on the right.

We walked over and looked at the stones. I closed my eyes.

Which one would grandpa choose?

I chose the one on the far left side. After I did I bowed to the girls and took off. I was SO excited to tell my grandpa. I would get my uniform with my sword (if that's not true sorry). I took a deep breath.

The crow was flying beside me.

"Hey... crow"

"YES KUWAJIMA SAMA!" he exclaimed.

I could tell he was still young. His heart pounded like a happy 7-year-old. I smiled thinking how happy I was during the year of me being 7 years old.

"Let's give you a name... maybe Kuro?" I said looking at him.

"KAW KAW KUWAJIMA SAMA I LOVE THAT NAME! KAW KAW! THANK YOU I FEEL HONORED!"

"Okay then Kuro, let's go home," I said as I smiled at the word "home".