You Have A Nightmare

It was late one summer night, a storm had rolled through and the pounding thunder reverberated through the forest. (Y/n) was deep in sleep as she lay tucked into her bed, but it wasn't restful, as she tossed and turned in her comfy bed the occasional whine or yelp escaped from her. Her cover was near falling off the bed, her body was at an odd angle and pillow nowhere to be seen. A particularly violent round of thunder and lightening caused the girl to jolt awake, her body was sore from how she had been laying but the adrenaline from her nightmare had the aches numbed out. (E/C) eyes darted around the room in a daze, it took a few minutes for her senses to wake up. Slowly as she became aware of the pouring rain she soon began to calm down a bit, sluggishly the stressed female pulled herself from the bed and slipped out of her room.

She attempted to turn on the hallway light, attempted because it only came on a few moments before it cut off. The deafening silence told her the electric went out, since she couldn't hear the fan in her room going any longer she knew she'd have to go downstairs to the fuse box. She was planning to go downstairs anyways to get a drink, but after her nightmare doing so in the dark had made even her a bit nervous. It was so silent she almost thought the pounding of her heart could be heard down the halls, even though it was her house something about the silence made her fearful of breaking it. She tried to breathe as quietly as she could, almost suffocating herself, as she slowly and quietly made her way down the hallway. When she found herself at the top of the stairs she stood and listened, she wasn't sure what for and she felt ridiculous being an adult mercenary and she's still this spooked by the dark and quiet. Though after a few seconds of nothing she made her way down, each step irritated her as it gave off a dull thud until she made it to the bottom of the steps.

Lightening filled the room with light for a few moments, she didn't really need it but it still made navigating through the living room to the kitchen a lot easier. By now she had started to feel ridiculous and began to tell herself off for being a trained killer and still being afraid of nightmares, she relaxed and little and let her gaurd down. Making her way to the fuse box on the far wall of the kitchen, and when she opened it she was greeted by the first real light of the night. She was glad they thought to put a battery light that turned on when she door was opened inside, though as she looked over the fuses she was disappointed to see that none of them was blown. This could only mean one thing. "Damnit..." She muttered softly to herself, glaring at the switches for a moment. "So it's just a f*****g power outage then?" The deep sleepy mumble behind her caused both the girl's feet to leave the floor for a moment as a scream slipped from her chest, at that same time she heard a rush of noises followed by a heavy fall and swearing.

Spinning around the battery light shone onto none other than Zack, the male sitting confused and startled on the floor. "Zack you a*s  don't scare me like that!" Her hand was pressed to her pounding chest making her sit in a nearby chair at the table against the wall, leaving the fuse box door open to keep the room lit. "Hey don't get mad at me! You're the one that screamed so loud I fell over!" He huffed and pouted from his spot on the floor, lazily glaring at her. He looked so cute she couldn't help but to laugh, she felt better now that she knew it was him but she was still a little startled. "Did the storm wake you?" (Y/n) questioned right as another round of thunder and lightning rattled the house, the girl moving to stand and grab a bottle of water from the fridge. "Yeah, that and my fan beeped as it powered down so I knew the electric was out." He watched her as she got her drink, then he quirked an eyebrow and tilted his head. "What were you doing up? I know the thunder is loud but usually you sleep through these storms." He almost looked concerned, but it was dark so she couldn't quite tell. "I was having a nightmare, so it didn't take much for a loud clap of thunder to wake me." She sighed and went back to her chair, setting her bottle on the table as she looked at him. "So what should we do? I don't know about you but after that little scare I'm not all that tired anymore."

She looked over the male as he stretched out on the floor, his legs extending as he leaned back in his palms. "I don't know, to be honest I'm not that tired either." He sighed as he stared up at the ceiling, leaving her to try and think of something. "You wanna try and get the fireplace going and make some hot chocolate?" Now that got his attention, Zack had grown to love chocolate and hot chocolate was his drug of choice. "Sure, I'll go and grab a few left over logs from the garage. Why don't you go ahead and into the living room, light a candle or two for some light until we get the fire going." Before she could even respond he was up and out, making her laugh to herself.

And from there their middle of the night adventure