He Sees You Cry

Today had been a stressful day for (Y/n), it all started with bad intel. The time she was given was an hour late, she caught the guy while he was drinking on the back porch. The entrance she was told to use. This resulted in a fist fight, one she was losing until she pushed him into the pool and shot him. She got complained at by the clean up crew, even though it wasn't her fault. She came home sore and frustrated, and now as she walks through the front door she sees Zack on the couch. So to top it off not only was she embarrassed that he saw her in such a state, her pride hurt terribly because of it.

She was almost vibrating with how hard she shook, Zack looked at her with surprise and quickly moved to stand up. He was shocked and silent for a second, he was actually rather concerned but couldn't find the words he needed until he spit out a "What the f**k happened?!" And that's when it broke, or rather she did. Zack was in a panic as she started sobbing, freezing up as his (H/c) haired girlfriend rushed past him and to her room. For once Zack was in thought, he himself felt a whirlwind of emotions. Anger towards whatever did this to his girlfriend and towards himself, for not going with her on these jobs. Before he knew it he heard the bathroom door close, (Y/n) no doubt taking a shower. He grabbed his phone and stepped outside to make a call, meanwhile (Y/n) sat on her shower bench under the hot water.

Her bathroom was beautiful and the shower was of large size, the tub was on the other side of the bathroom. The shower head was directly above, glass pannels surrounding the shower and keeping the steam contained. Something about the atmosphere made her calmer, her father insisted on this type of shower as well as the bench incase she got injured. It had came in handy quite often, especially now. She moved to lay on her stomach, hot water raining down on her back and body as she closed her eyes and pretended to be in some far away hotspring. She had cried heavily for a few minutes, now she was all cried out but still her pride and body hurt. She let her mind drift to Zack, she knew she's probably worried him greatly. He was still learning how to deal with his own emotions, she probably just scared the hell out of him. That made a small breathy laugh escape from her, and after a few more minutes spent soaking in the heat she began to get up.

She reached up onto the shelf that held her shower stuff, being slow and deliberate with every step. Even when drying off, she spent a few minutes sat wrapped in a towel on the edge of the tub. Once she was in her sweatpants and tanktop the young woman padded off to her room, which to her surprise was lit by "candles", because of Zack's fear of fire they used only one scented candle in the living room and when they were having a date night they used battery powered tea lights. Zack was sat on the bed, he was in his boxers and a tanktop. On the bed infront of him was her favorite pizzas and sides, even some cookies and a few bottles of wine. He had managed to pull up her favorite show on TV, starting at episode 1. When she had gone to shower he called her overseer and got the run down, turns out the guy who chewed her out had been reported by the medic who was checking on her.

He then ended up calling her dad, the old man telling him what all to do. Now he sat quietly and watched her crawl into bed, she had immediately nestled into his side and hugged his arm. That made him chuckle a little, leaning his head against her's with a sigh. "Your overseer told me everything, so don't worry. That b*****d is gonna get his." He smirked down to her, making her laugh and lean up to press a kiss to his cheek. "Thanks Zack... I really needed this." Her words were soft but still he heard her, so he pressed play on the tv and began opening up the various food boxes. She knew he probably had help from her father, but that didn't matter to her. She was just glad to have someone who cared enough to even bother getting help, Zack could have just let it go and left her alone. There was a reason he was her favorite angel.