♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞♛

Start from the beginning

To be perfectly honest, I understand. Most of the girls here seem to fan girl over them all, even Savannah, I noticed.

"Well, let's just put it behind us." I suggested. He looked at me, his eyes appreciative, and nodded. He went back to being closed off as we continued to follow the others to the back of library.

We still were far from being friends, but at least we had a mutual understanding for each other. That was something, right?

Xavier turned around to look at us. "Can you guys hurry up? Even my nan walks faster than you two." He whined. The twins turned and stood there, tapping their wrists as if checking the time.

Just to deliberately annoy them, I started walking even slower, a small smirk growing on my face. Xavier narrowed his eyes at me and nodded at the twins. Wait what-

Before I could even blink, Grayson and Thomas sprinted to me and flung me over their shoulders. Xavier nearly fell to the floor laughing at my horrified expression. "What are you-" I thrashed against them, trying to get down.

"Sorry Miss Rose, but we haven't got all day." Grayson stated, putting on a posh accent. Thomas did the same. "Indeed." I started to laugh as they did, giving up and letting them carry me the length of the library.

——-♛——-

"Guys, I have picked up and organised about a billion Jennie Austen books." Thomas slumped again the shelves. I rolled my eyes.

"Clearly not that many times, otherwise you would know the author is called 'Jane Austen'" Grayson smirked whilst putting more books onto the half full shelf. This was about the seventh shelf we are organising. Yay.

Thomas looked confused at Graysons response. "Same thing." He concluded. Jameson scoffed. Thomas squinted at him. "Oh you can do better? Name one of her books then mate." Thomas smirked triumphantly. Jameson raised his browns and his lips quirked up into a small smile. Xavier and I stood next to each other, watching the scene unfold.

"Easy. Pride and Prejudice. Mate." He stated matter-of-factly. Thomas stood there, dumbfounded. Grayson on the other hand searched through the books, finally finding the one he was looking for. He scanned the title. Jameson leaned again the bookshelf, folding his arms.

"He's right dude," he threw the book to Thomas who looked even more shocked than he was a second ago.

"Any more questions?" Jameson smirked. Thomas simply shook his head and went back to his shelf.

Xavier rested his arm on my shoulder lazily. "Guys, can we dip?" He yawned, clearly fed up of his punishment. This time I scoffed.

"Sure, but you can be the one to talk to her." Jameson nodded to the small woman at the desk, who at that moment turned to glare at us. We all awkwardly smiled and gave her a little wave.

"I'll pass." Xavier muttered. I was also fed up of organising all of these heavy books too. I let out a sigh.

"We've been here for hours, this is impossible. I'm leaving." I pushed lightly off Xavier so he didn't collapse, and starting to make my way to the Librarians desk. Xavier and the twins eyes widened as they trailed behind me, while Jameson just smirked and raised his eyebrows in question.

I confidently strolled over to her desk. "Excuse me." I asked in my sweetest voice. The Librarian simply looked at me with a bored expression. I cleared my throat and continued. "We've been here for hours, so can we leave now please?" I sighed.

"Are all of the shelves done?" She raised a singular brow and pushed up her glasses.

"No bu-"

"No buts. I said no one is to leave until all the shelves are done." She snapped. Seriously? That's it.

"Look, Madame, but I think it's a bit ridiculous that we're being this punished. And for what? So what Xavier and I spoke during a lesson. We will apologise and move on. I get it if I actually did something to deserve a four hour detention, but not this. I'm leaving. I'm sorry if you don't agree but if you don't mind, I, and the boys, have lost of studying (not really) to do and I am dying for a McDonald's milkshake right now, but no, we're stuck here." I rushed out all at once. The boys nodded vigorously beside me. I cringed silently at the milkshake part, but seriously, I really fancy a milkshake right now.

"Please." Xavier practically begged. The librarian studied us one by one. After a few moments she spoke.

"Fine. You have all been here long enough I suppose. But next time, I won't be so lenient." She nodded, dismissing us. I stood there, shocked for a second, and gave her a chance to put up more of a fight.

Grayson started to push me lightly out of the room. "Thanks. We'll be on our way then." He rushed, pushing me out the door as I still looked gobsmacked. The others trailed behind.

We were half way down the corridor before anyone spoke. Xavier was the first.

"I've got to say Rose, that was pretty good back there." He ran his hands through his hair.

"Yeah that was pretty cool. The woman terrifies me." Thomas shuddered while Grayson nodded while scrunching up his face. Jameson just smirked a little, an amused glint in his eyes.

"The McDonald's milkshake part was my favourite." Jameson said sarcastically. I rolled by eyes but still smiled.

"Hey, it was all I could think of at that moment in time." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Mhm, I'm sure." Is he joking with me? This is new.

"It's not my fault they sell good milkshakes." I mumbled. I reallllyyyy want one right now. A nice, cold chocolate milkshake.

"Whatever you say, princess." Jameson smirked, then started straight ahead as we continued down the corridor.

The twins and Xavier, looked from me to Jameson continuously. Jameson and I both stopped in our tracks and turned to look at their strange facial expressions.

"What?" We asked at the same time, looking at each-other in surprise at being in sync. All they did was smirk and wiggle their eyebrows. What are they doing?

"No reason." They all replied. Winking at me, and then Jameson. Huh?

"Okayy..." I questioned slowly, frowning and furrowing my brows in confusion. Xavier slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Who wants milkshakes?" He announced, changing the subject. I instantly perked up.

"McDonald's?" I asked hopefully, almost like an overexcited puppy.

"McDonalds." He confirmed, smirking. I triumphantly nodded. The twins cheered and Jameson just rolled his eyes but he was smiling.

"We'll then, what are we waiting for!" Thomas laughed and we all started down the corridor. But I was still confused why they were looking at us like that...

——-♛——-

Omgg we are nearly at 100 reads! This means so much to me thank you so much!

Also don't worry Xavier and Clara have a sister and brother relationship, not anything else

Remember to vote and comment. I really want you know your guys thoughts while reading this!

Have a great day/night xx

Oo and get ready for a little bit of drama in the next chapter...