CHAPTER SEVEN

AVERY

Lisa, true to her words, came over on Friday night. I was delighted to have her around. Asides Stefan now, there’s no one I’m close to around here

“Girl you better start with the important dish on the menu. I want to hear everything that has happened so far. Are you guys hooking up?”

“Actually, we did immediately after I spoke on the phone with you”

“Immediately? Is he stalking you?”

“No. he stays next door.”

“Whattttt. How did you two meet again?”

“He’s the professor I’m assisting.”

“Pinch me. Is this real or you’ve read too many books to put yourself in delirium? What are the odds that you ‘hot’ one night stand is your colleague and your next door neighbor?”

“I asked myself the same question. It seemed too good to be true.”

“So what are you now? Are you dating?”

“We haven’t placed a title on it yet." I huffed.

"Oh my god I understand what made you say just your luck. I couldn't imagine this happening to me and I've had more one night stands that you ever had. Ok well does it make it look like he's serious about you or is it just want to do casual hookup?"

"He says he's serious about me"

"Where is he from and where are his family? "

I tell Lisa everything she wanted to know about stefan and we catch up on work and her boyfriend. Safe to say we had quality girl time before we went to bed. Lisa Left Saturday evening because she had a date with Daniel her boyfriend.

Stefan had a professors conference to attend meaning he wasn't around while Lisa was here.

When Stefan got back I was excited to tell him about how my weekend went and about Lisa and how about her visits. he had a book publishing events to attend the next week explaining why he was going to be out of town for another 2 days.

After telling Stefan about the visit we both had to make in Minneapolis, I was looking forward to the double date. I've never gone on such things before.

We also have to start planning Lisa's wedding. The next month was going to be a busy one for me.

STEFAN

I went out of town today for a book publishing event with my students and Avery has to stay back to assist the grad students. We are together now even though we haven’t made it official even though I think formality is for the younger generation.

I settled in at the hotel we booked and called her.

“hey you”

“how was your day?”

“boring. You weren’t here”

“You make me sound like an entertainer”

“Well, you would have made It a lot more interesting….that’s for sure”

“Listen, you remember my best friend Lisa?”

“Yes. You’ve told me of her”

“Okay. So she wants to have a double date with us. Her boyfriend just proposed to her and she wants to celebrate”

“That’s alright. Are we going over or they’re coming?”

“We’re supposed to go over to Minnesota this weekend.”