"I guess you already have plans," he politely smiles before shaking his head, "I'm sure we will have more than enough classes together and we will be seeing a lot of each other come Monday."

Lucian winks at me before stepping away, he doesn't turn towards the door and I watch him leave. He waves one last time at the steps before the darkness eventually takes him. He has a long walk back up towards the main building.

Once he's completely out of my line of sight I turn towards the door but the boy is already missing leaving an empty space. I sigh and walk through it gently closing the door behind me.

Once inside I'm hit immediately by the delicious scent of Annie's cooking and her laughter filters in from the kitchens and dining nook. I take my shoes off and rush to the area with a smile on my face. I had completely forgotten about the dinner tonight.

As soon as I walk through the doorway I'm shocked by the number of people somehow fitting inside our small kitchen. The room is miniature but standing in front of me are at least 8 adults, not to mention Annie.

I turn to Annie my mouth slightly open in surprise, I had honestly expected 2 or 3 other people tonight. I mean the college is tiny I didn't think they could offer this many different majors. Annie grins widely at me in response, a sparkle entering her eyes as she walks over to me.

"Welcome back Button, we were just about to send a search party out for you." She laughs at her joke and a couple of other people chuckle in response.

"Right. I may have forgotten about dinner." She laughs loudly at my awkward response and it immediately calms me. I let her pull me into a side hug and give her a wide smile.

"You have a good time with Lucian then?" I nod my head and she gives another chuckle before turning back to the people around us. All eyes are on us and a nervous flutter starts in my chest.

"Morgan these are some of the teachers and tutors the college has to offer here." I nod at everyone, and in turn, a smile stuck on my face.

My eyes flash to the boy from the forest first, he's standing slightly in the back but his eyes are solely on me. He's the youngest one in the room but I'm shocked that he's not the only younger person. A girl just a couple of years older than him stands beside him. She's a tall woman with deep red lipstick and dark black hair, she grins at me but it's not in a friendly way.

"I tried to get someone from each major at least so you can really get a lay of each thing before you choose one." She whispers this in my ear but something tells me everyone had overheard it. "Let's go around the room."

She points to the side closest to me.

"We have Professor Victor from the English department." I nod at the man and just like that Annie is off. I miss half the names and forgot the other half almost as quickly. The only names I'm able to catch and retain in my mind are.

"Nathaniel, a tutor in the History department." He points at the boy from the forest. I guess I had been almost correct in my assumption about him being close to my age. I wonder just how older he is.

Then she points to the girl beside him.

"And Beatrice, a tutor in the art department." The girl smirks at me again and a shiver travels down my spine at the image. Nathaniel elbows the girl and with the loss of eye contact, I'm able to breathe in again.

Annie smiles at me before motioning me deeper into the room.

"Dinner is almost finished, why don't you go talk to them?" I nod my head, already hating this but doing it for Annie's peace of mind. I stay away from the woman Beatrice and because she's practically hanging off of Nathaniel I stay away from him as well.