The Writing On The Wall

Start from the beginning

    "Not really." We said together as to not hurt his feelings. And even though it was tedious, I supposed he was right. We could be doing something worse.

    "Fame is a fickle friend, Harry, Olivia. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that." He winked and pulled out another printed picture of himself to sign.

I went back to addressing the envelopes to the names on the very long list of mostly woman. I began to frown as the sound of something caught in my ears. It was weird at first and then seemed to change into a voice. I glanced around not seeing anyone else in the room.

    "Come. Come. Come to me." It seemed to say. "Come to me."

    "What?" Harry and I whispered together. We suddenly looked at each other curiously.

    "Sorry?" Professor Lockhart looked up from his paper he was signing.

    "That voice?" Harry pointed out.

    "Voice? What voice?"

    "You didn't hear it?" I asked astounded.

    "What are you two talking about?" He shook his head. "I think you're both getting a bit... drowsy." He laughed nervously as he looked around. "And Great Scott, no wonder. Look at the time. We've been here nearly four hours. Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun." He chuckled and looked around again.

    "Spooky." Harry and I frowned.

Professor Lockhart released us to go to bed seeing as we nearly missed dinner. We quickly left the room and began walking through the hallway.

    "Okay, I'm not crazy, right?" I asked my brother curiously. "You heard it too?"

    "I hope you're not crazy, Liv. That would make me crazy. I most definitely heard it..." Harry trailed off as we both froze. We could hear the voice once again.

    "Blood. I smell blood. Let me rip you."

Harry and I both pressed ourselves against the wall following the sound of the voice.

    "Let me kill you."

    "Kill?!" I squeaked quietly.

    "Come on!" Harry quickly grabbed my hand and we followed the sound of the voice through the corridors.

    "Kill. Kill. Kill! Kill!" It chanted.

Harry and I ran around the corner nearly knocking down Hermione and Ron.

    "Harry! Olivia!" Hermione breathed relieved.

    "Did you hear it too?!" I asked quickly.

    "Hear what?" Ron furrowed his brow concerned.

    "The voice!" Harry said as though it were obvious.

    "Voice? What voice?" Hermione looked around uneasily.

    "We heard it first in Lockhart's office, then again just..." Harry trailed off. Both our heads whipped in the same direction and we tensed.

    "It's time."

    "It's moving, Harry." I said focusing on the voice. "It keeps repeating Kill. I think it's going to kill."

Without a second thought I dashed off after the voice. I was quick to hear Harry's footsteps follow behind me.

    "Kill?!" Ron proclaimed.

    "Olivia! Harry!" Hermione cried out after us. "Wait, not so fast!"