Chapter 13: Reunion

Start bij het begin

"That's great! Are they coming our way?" I asked.

She shook her head, "I don't know."

I nodded, "If they've tracked us here, then they must be looking for us. This is way too cold to be Jasper."

"If they have tracked us here, I want to know how and if the cons can do the same." Kat frowned.

"Agreed, but-"

My eyes widened as I looked over her shoulder. Bumblebee was driving toward us. She turned around and stopped in surprise as he transformed in front of the gaping, Ratchet-shaped hole in the wall with Raf on his shoulder.

"Did you fall over, doc?" Bumblebee asked, gesturing at the hole.

I frowned.

"It's freezing here. You guys want to go find the others with us?" Raf asked.

"Yes. How did you find us?" Kat asked.

"Smokescreen was the second last in the base. He sent Bee a set of coordinates of your location, saying that a warrior needed to look after his charge. No offense, Ratchet." Raf explained.

I scoffed, "Offense taken."

Kat smiled, "Don't let Smokescreen fool you, he's my charge, not the other way around."

Bumblebee laughed.

"So where to?" I asked, grabbing our work and transforming, letting it shift into my back with the medical equipment and tools.

"Starscream's old base." Bumblebee replied.

"We've checked it out and everything, but we really need some of your expertise." Raf added.

Kat sat down in my passenger seat, looking thoughtful as we began to follow Bumblebee and Raf away.

It was almost as though last night never happened.

It took a while, but we eventually reached the new base. Bumblebee and I took a small recharge while Raf filled Kat in, since she didn't understand any of Bumblebee's beeps coming through my radio during the drive.

I hadn't been so active in forever. That was such a long drive.

Our efforts to build a groundbridge were greatly helped, since there was a perfectly good one in the base. Kat said she would convert it to work without energon herself so that I could get into the ship's mainframe and take control.

There was no word from the others, but Raf was just the person to help out with my job. Bumblebee on the other hand, had been helping Kat with getting to hard to reach places and was doing her heavy lifting.

The ship suddenly alerted me to a signal and I turned around quickly.

"Bumblebee! Kat! We've got company!" I told them.

Bumblebee and Kat came running over.

"And I told you no running!" I glared at her.

She rolled her eyes.

"Stay with Raf. Bumblebee and I will investigate." I told her.