Chapter 7: Impress Me

Optimus's POV

"How is it going, kid?" Agent Fowler asked Raf.

Raf frowned, "The signal is there, but it's faint. I can't provide coordinates yet."

"The camera view you have provided is good enough. We at least know what Smokescreen is seeing... even if that view is from his knee and his forearm." Ratchet told him.

I looked at the screen once more as Smokescreen ran through a wall, grabbing another omega key and adding it to the one he had just stolen from Megatron.

"He's moving around so much, it's hard to tell what's going on." Jack said.

Smokescreen ran through another wall and emerged on the deck of the Nemesis, he started running toward the edge as the Decepticons aimed their blasters at him and Megatron approached.

"A shame you are incapable of flight." Megatron said, holding out his hand, "The keys, if you will."

"Yeah, like I'm going to let that stop me." Smokescreen scoffed before jumping off the side of the ship.

"What is he thinking!?" Bulkhead exclaimed.

"He's a genius!" Ratchet and Raf grinned at the same time.

Bumblebee frowned at Ratchet.

"I've got the coordinates. Do you want me to-"

"Yes, Rafael, quickly." Ratchet told him as the Decepticons started coming after Smokescreen.

A groundbridge opened and Smokescreen sailed through, flying across the base with his momentum and crashing into the wall.

"Smoke, are you alright?" Arcee asked, walking over as the groundbridge shut.

"Yup!" He groaned, holding up two hands.

One of which was holding three omega keys and the other was holding Kat and the phase shifter.

"You are one lucky Autobot." Kat told him very loudly as he stood up.

"Not my choice of course, but we've been on our first mission together." Smokescreen told her excitedly.

She stared at him, "Could you say that again a little louder?"

"I said, we've been on our first mission together!" He repeated.

"What did you do?" Ratchet sighed, reaching over to grab Kat.

She frowned at his hand before he picked her up and put her on his table.

"What?"

"What did you do!?" Ratchet asked loudly as he scanned her.

"Oh, perforated eardrum. I'll be fine." She waved him off.

Ratchet nodded at his scan, "That is correct."

Kat nodded and walked to the edge of the table, but Ratchet quickly stopped her.

"Please tell me you weren't about to jump off of a ten foot tall table after-"

"No, I have a grappling hook." She rolled her eyes before shooting a rope across the room and jumping.

Kat slid across the roof and landed next to the railing of the other human area. She easily climbed over and walked over to the couch.

"Did you guys know that Kat shot Megatron twice and she tried to climb Knockout's arm? It was kind of terrifying, but it was awesome!" Smokescreen exclaimed.

"Uh, no. We assumed that she was hiding under you the whole time." Bulkhead replied.

"Oh no, the moment Knockout tried to cut me in half, Kat was flying across my stomach and attacking him." Smokescreen said.