Thirty Nine - "Your coffee is getting cold."

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh.... I am very happy with my life now, I can assure you. Actually, I'm catching up. For many years I had been working so hard to build our company. Now, it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor," he chuckled.

He probably did his advice to me, getting laid as often as he can, with many girls. He was in his sixties, for heaven's sake, and acting like a teenager in the sprout of his puberty. Drinking the finest champagne, partying and staying late at night.

"Take it easy, or you'll end up in E.R.," my concern for him as my father still overpowered my anger and disappointment.

"Ahh, I won't. I'm healthy as a cow, I'll survive until ninety," he assured me, then before he hung up the phone, he warned me again, "I give you one week. Only ONE WEEK. Ditch that woman, or else... I'll get rid of her myself."

Pia's POV

Monday morning, I arrived at the Stavrakos Estate, feeling so excited to see Kristov.

Time flew so fast. Today was the start of the remaining third week of my employment at the mansion. Next Monday... two weeks more... then down to one.

The thought of leaving the mansion suddenly gave me a heavy heart. I would miss Kristov terribly. Especially that I learned to love him so deeply. Of course, I would also miss the beautiful sceneries of the whole estate and the staff who were like a family to me.

Cameron greeted me at the gates. He was off duty when I left last Saturday morning, so now was our chance to catch up.

"I heard from the other guards that you're dating the boss," he asked right away.

"Yeah. Do you have any problem with that?" I countered, avoiding any preliminaries.

It took him too long to answer, "my warning still stands. I'm concerned about you, I don't want you to get hurt."

"Why would I get hurt? Kristov is a very kind, caring, compassionate man, he has a very gentle soul. He's not a monster, for heaven's sake."

"He's not an ordinary man, Pia. You have to keep that in mind."

"Of course I know that, and I know what I'm getting into. You don't have to keep on warning me against him. I'm not a kid."

"Are you sure you can handle him? What you see outside is different from the man inside. He's dangerous."

"Yeah, you were not the only one who told me that," I shrugged my shoulders, "you know what? You can say that because you don't know the real him. You're basing your judgment from what you've seen, heard and read."

"I've been here too long, Pia," he chuckled nastily, "I know a lot of things that you don't."

"Sure you are," I nodded, "isn't it odd that you're saying negative things about your boss? You're his gate guard, he trusted you with his life. Loyalty, dignity and respect are expected from you. I wonder, where are they now?"

I left Cameron, speechless.

Later, after changing to my black maid's uniform, I went to the mansion's kitchen and met Jean, Tess and Sammy.

"You look so pretty today," Jean greeted, "your weekend must be wonderful."

"It was," I giggled, feeling giddy remembering my date night with Kristov, and the day we spent with my parents.

I could not wait to ask them about Kristov. If he was awake. Did they see him jog outside, what he looked like today... where he was...

"You know what," Tess whispered, "the Master had a date last Saturday night. It must be a really hot date, because Charrie said that his shirt had a cherry pink lipstick stain."