020

The sound of the echoing school bell pierces your ears like an unwanted fire drill. You watch as he walks through the hall, arm secured around her waist and a smirk casted in seduction.

He leans in to whisper a secret only they know.

Her giggles resonates as she leans against his arm.

A tap on your shoulder drags you back the reality.

"You dropped this."

A familiar device is seen between her fingers. You could have sworn you had your phone with you though.

Either way, you retrieve that device and gently close your locker. "Thanks."

Class starts in ten minutes. Iseul tucks a strand behind her ear, following the direction of your gaze. She curls her lips in grimace at the sight of her brother pinning a student.

It's that faint sign of food rushing up her throat that flicks your mind into alert mode. "Are you okay?"

Iseul looks away, placing a fist in front of her mouth. "I think I'm gonna hurl." She fans herself, slouching like she's about to do her business here.

Tears have started welling up in her eyes, ruining her make up. A burst of panic explodes through your body as you search for anything she can use to prevent making a mess.

There's nothing.

You could use your bag but then again, you'd rather not.

Things escalated quickly after that. Her cheeks puffs, like chipmunks, and what's keeping her from letting it out is the hand cupping her mouth.

Then she does the most disgusting thing you've ever seen someone do. She swallows. All that vile goes back down to her stomach.

"What the heck was that? You swallowed it!?" You pinch the bridge of your nose like you're about to have a headache.

Offense flash her eyes and she points at them. "Do you even see how disgusting that is? I'm surprised you're not the very least bothered."

Bothered? Why should you be bothered? And did she say they're disgusting? She's the one who swallowed her own vomit.

Iseul reads you like an open book and downs a bottle of water. "I have a very weak stomach okay? I see something disgusting and I puke. Easy as that."

No. That's impossible.

"That or you're coming up with something. " Before she can react, you press a hand against her forehead. The blaring heat from her frizzles your skin making you narrow your eyes. "Iseul you're burning hot."

"It's just a fever."

Only now to you realize the paleness of her skin. She's lost all the right pigment to her skin. Her eyes appear swollen and her lips? Chapped and white. If she stays here any longer, she'll either collapse or swallow her vile again.

"You better leave." You tell her. "Do you have anyone who can pick you up?"

"I'm fine, Y/n."

"In that state? You're obviously not. I'll go tell Jungkook to bring you home."

She grabs your arm before you can walk away. A certain expression contours her face. A look of debate. Like she wants to make you believe that there's no reason for her to leave but at the same time, she knows the state of her own body. And right now, she's anywhere but alright.

"I'll... I have someone." She tells you. "I'll go home. But if Jungkook asks where I am, tell him that I bailed class."

You won't question why she would have to come up with that excuse.

Iseul grabs her phone and presses it against her ear, waving as she walks ahead.

A Couple Of Hours Later

The fact that you had to deal with Jungkook locking lips with every being that wears a skirt is unbelievable.

And that's just the tip of the ice berg. It's like everywhere you went, they had to be there. The library, courtyard, the back of the school.

No amount of words could describe the relief you felt when the last school bell rang.

"That'll six thousand won miss." After handing the customer her change, she grabs her things and exits the store.

The door swings open after a minute and a familiar figure enters. A usual black hoodie clads his body and he routinely enters the snack isle.

He then finds his way to the cashier, where you assist him with his items. He flickers his hoodie off, watching you through those sharp eyes.

"That'll be seven thousand five hundred won."

"Do you work here everyday?"

You're a little bit thrown off by the question but answer nonetheless. "Um.. Thursday to Saturday."

He hums, nodding his head. You notice a bit of pigmentation to his face. Those gray bags under his eyes from before seem to have faded a little.

"Where do you go to school?"

Asking about your shift is one thing. Personal information is a whole other story. A professional smile contours your lips as you pack his things, handing him the bag as well as his change. "Thank you, sir."

The guy catches on and hides a smirk under his breath. "Anytime Y/n." He takes his things and walks away, leaving an unsettling feeling slithering down your spine.

How did he know your name?

From a distant, Jungkook has been watches the whole thing take place. A car's been parked across from him and there's a familiar face inside. He slides out and closes the door, poking the inside of his cheek as he nears the vehicle.

Once he's beside it, he knocks on the window and leans his waist on it, waiting.

"I know you're in there Iseul. Don't make me drag you out of there."

The window slides down to reveal his sister. "I wasn't hiding." But her actions could say otherwise.

"You skipped school."

"I was tired."

"Then why are you here?"

"Stop pestering her will you." The hooded man slides into the conversation casually, an amused expression plastered on their face.

Jungkook lifts an eyebrow at the sight of him, leaning away from the car. "Why are you back?"

"We haven't seen each other for five years and that's the first thing you say uh? In case you forgot, I'm still your brother Jungkook. " He snickers, glaring. "Show some respect at least."