008

It's a been a couple of days since Jungkook gave you the break you needed.

Now it's back facing the challenges within the school walls.

The tension rising within the room makes your lungs years for air. It feels like you're getting suffocated in a box.

And you're not even claustrophobic.

"You need to work on your grades." The man behind the desk utters with sternness in his tone.

You've had this conversation countless times already. And it's not like you're not trying. Because you are.

"We're giving you one last chance. If you can't raise your grades by the end of this semester, we'll have no choice but to expel you." He adds on. The words from the principal echoes your ears like a curse.

"I understand."

"You may leave then."

Once you're out of the office, you release a sigh. As if you held it all in the entire time.

The bell had rang almost thirty minutes ago.

If you enter the room now, you'll be checked off as late.

There's that option of ditching school.

However, you can't even do that. They're giving you a chance to stay.

But at this rate, do you even want to stay?

The option is tempting.

And there's also that big possibility you'll get dragged back by the school guard.

"Took you long enough to get out."

Your eyes widens when you realize Jungkook's been waiting the whole entire time.

"What did the old man say?"

You disregard his question and ask "Have you been there the whole time?"

He casually shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah. Now what did they say inside?"

He's not gonna let this pass uh?

"We'll um. Nothing too bad. Something about doing good in class if I still want to continue studying here."

The long stare you're given sends a slither down your spine like a snake.

"Y/n." He says seriously. "Nothing too bad?"

As if he's giving you a chance to rephrase it, he leaves a hanging feeling to his sentence.

You scratch the side of your head, fumbling with words to say. "I mean. Yeah. It's just that, if I don't get my grades up during the finals they might expel me an-"

"Then get your grades up." He's calm now.

"What?"

"I said get your grades up. So that you won't get expelled." He states like it's the most obvious thing.

Where does he think intelligence comes from?

Food we take?

"If it were that easy, I would have done it a long time ago, kook."

He shakes his head. "No. All you need is a desk and a quiet place. I've seen the way you work, Y/n. You're smart only when you think it's dire. You do this last minute boost in the brain every time."

"I get that you're trying to cheer me up but you don't have to go that fa-"

"Who said I'm trying to cheer you up? " He intercepts easily. "I'm only telling you what I see. And I see that you're a smart person. You just need the right workspace. That's all. Let's go."

He grabs your wrist and drags you away before you can process anything.

"W-wait. Where are we even going?"

"Nothing beats the present right? We're going to my place."

For some reason, you don't like the sound of it.

During your last visit, it was almost impossible to leave.

Why?

Because his house is literally a maze.

A string of protest slides out your tongue as you attempt to pry his hand away. "I don't think that's a good idea kook. Class is still on-going and I don't think the guard will allow us to leave just like that."

Why is his grip so tight?

"We don't have much time in our hands, Y/n. Exams' starting next week and you have exactly seven days to get all those books jogged down in your memory."

You pause at his words. "It's next week already?"

Guess you were too busy to notice it.

Too lost in thoughts, it takes you a couple of minutes to realize that you've both passed the guard and are now standing in front of Jungkook's car at the parking lot.

You raise an questioning finger mid air. "How do-"

He cuts you off by gesturing you to go inside his car. You're a bit hesitant.

"Do we really have to go to your place? I mean, the library's free."

"It's easier for me to keep an eye on you there. And besides, you'll need my books in order to start studying. I'm pretty sure you didn't take any notes."

Guilty as charged.

You find yourself sliding into the passenger's seat and he closes the door shut. After a minute, Jungkook ignited his vehicle and soon enters the road.