◆04 - 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲, 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲◆

◆𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙋𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙀𝘿 𝙊𝙁𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿 𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙉𝙏 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐

◆𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙋𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙀𝘿 𝙊𝙁𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿 𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙉𝙏 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐. You loved the rain. Most of your life is filled with negative emotions. Anger, anxiety; all around mental exhaustion. But the rain always calmed you. The chilliness in the air, the droplets of water hitting your skin. And most of all, it made other people hurry and go inside. It brought quietness to your noisy life.

Opening your umbrella, you stepped outside the school doors. You were one of the last students to leave, due to your club meeting happening today. You smiled. Finally, you get alone time. Well, you thought you were alone, at least. You never got to just be alone at school. For some reason girls (and some boys as well) kept bothering you. You weren't really sure why, since you were quite rude to them every time they interacted with you. They always complimented you, too. It was weird in your opinion. But now, they were finally gone! You let out a sigh of relief. You got to finally be in public with out being harassed.

You checked the time on your phone. 3:37 PM. You had time until your parents got home, why not explore town some? You never felt this excited to actually be outside before. You always stayed inside and played video games, and if you were outside you just sat there and scrolled on your phone. So you weren't really sure what to do. Continuing to walk down the sidewalk, you pondered on where to go. The candy store is open! ...though you didn't have any money. Walking to somewhere random it is, then.

You let your mind wonder. How exactly are you supposed to catch a serial killer? You didn't know where to start. It's not like you didn't go to the police. You did go, two times in fact. But they didn't listen. And no way in hell are you gonna allow some dick bag continue to kill people, even if you hated all of them. Plus, this guy seemed really fond of you. You could probably get information out of him that way, right?

What did you know so far? One, that he is more prone to kill the popular kids at your school. Two, he's probably a student there, though he seemed more intelligent than other students, since in the police reports it said he had surgical and medicinal knowledge. And three, he had the same tag on each victim, which linked the murders together. It was also the same name in the chatroom. And that's all you knew of your stalker.

Yeah, not much to work off of. But you believed in yourself. You played a lot of crime visual novels in your free time, that gives you experience right? ...Probably not.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄◆┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

The scenery around you soon changed into one of a city's to a forest. You weren't really why you walked there of all places, but you're there. The rain was still a downpour. You were absolutely drenched, thanks to a car splashing water on you while waiting to cross the street, so you just closed your umbrella and put it in your school bag. What's the point of using an umbrella if you're already wet? You walked down the dirt path, sneakers covered in mud. You pulled your school uniform's tan sweater closer to your body. It was really cold out. You're definitely going to get sick after this, but oh well. Maybe you'll get to stay home.

But then, you stumbled into a clearing.

And there was a very suspicious dirt mound in the middle. Several, in fact. It appeared that something was buried.

But you being the idiot you are, you went to go see what's up with the weird dirt pile. And as expected, inside were remains of several dead people. "Ah. How pleasant." From what you could see, which thankfully wasn't much, they were mangled in all sorts of ways. Limbs chopped off, eyes removed. Needles and knives jabbed into chests and stomachs. But as the rain poured down, it washed away some of the dirt and leaves. And then, a word engraved on the victim closest to you was revealed.

Thantophobia. The tag on all the other bodies.

Your heart rate picked up and it felt as though you were going to throw up. Looks like you found your first clue. You pulled out your phone, ready to call the police. No service, just your luck. But before you could do anything else, a voice called from behind.

"Darling?"

◆𝙀𝙣𝙙◆

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄◆┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀