Lets hope you dont rise again..

Start from the beginning

Kara bit her lip and nodded "Thank you little wolf.." she with a small smile "I hope to never be like her..." she admitted quietly, driving them to the cemetery where the ritual was to take place.

Hayley chuckled "I don't think you have to worry about that...". Hayley glanced out the window "will he bring her?"

Kara nodded "He knows this is the only way to save her, else she'll die. I don't think she'll have an easy time on the other side though.. the ancestors might shun her because she never believed in their ways."

"How do you know all of those things?"

Kara chuckled as she pulled up to the cemetery " Hayley .. I've always adored learning. Knowing everything and anything about the different species that make up the supernatural world is in my best interest. That way I'll have an edge .. I hardly like heading into something unprepared— I'd long lost my life if that were the case.."

"But the white oak stakes were all destroyed, there's nothing that could kill you"

Kara put the car in park and reached over and grabbed Hayley's cheeks gently "Never assume you're invulnerable..you'll live longer trust me." She kissed Hayley's lips softly " now let's watch magic happen shall we?"

•••••••••••••

The ritual was the second Kara would come to witness, she stared at the well preserved bodies of the witches. Moments after they were laid down Marcel walked in carrying Davina in his arms followed by a trail of fire. She breathed a silent sigh. Not a moment too soon.

"How will we know it worked?" Asked Klaus watching the proceedings.

Kara hummed "They'll rise from the dead, and the signs will stop" she explained as Sophie continued chanting Latin words. She watched with a hint of sympathy as the blade ran across Davinas neck. Thankfully the girl didn't look in too much pain.

When the chanting stopped, Kara watched slightly confused when none of the girls rose from the dead instead they remained dead. No heartbeats to be heard however, the rain all but stopped as did the winds.

"I don't think it worked sister" said Niklaus with a hint of sympathy . "Though.. the weather has become normal."

Kara shook her head "No.. the signs stopped that means the ritual took.." she whispered "but I don't understand why the girls aren't waking up.." Her gaze fell to Marcel whose eyes watered, she felt a slight pang of sympathy but his anger seemed to quickly take root as he stomped his way to her before he could grab her she was faster and wrapped her hand around his neck not choking him but keeping him at bay.

"Do not blame me, the ritual worked.." she said knowingly.

His face hardened "Then why is she still dead!" He screamed as tears streamed down his face "You said .. you said she'd come back!"

Kara offered him an sympathetic smile "That is the million dollar question isn't it?" She loosened her grip and pushed him away "Grieve for her Marcel but I don't think this is as simple as we think it is." She said and turned her face to Hayley, with her hand held out "shall we?"

••••••••••••••••

Kara poured her a drink, she stared at the painting across from her , it was one of Niklaus's finest works , the quarter as lively as it usually was..