Complete the harvest

Start from the beginning

Kara shook her head " We don't.. I have to check something" she gently extracted Hayley from her "go downstairs, it'll be safer, I have to check on Davina. It might be her magic again"

"You don't think this is her do you?"

Kara shrugged "I'm not sure, it could be — like I said she holds magic of three harvest girls, a covens magic. It's not impossible that it isn't." She pecked Hayley's head before leaving to find Davina — when she entered the room she found Rebekah leaning over the girl as she threw up dirt?

"Rebekah what's happening to her?"

Rebekah shook her head "I'm not sure, she said she wasn't feeling good and started throwing up .. dirt?"

"Oh no." Kara's head turned to Claire who stared at the girl in horror

"What do you know Le Fay?"

Claire grunted at the use of her last name "I know that this is only the beginning it is what I think it is." Kara stared at Davina before dragging Claire from the room and downstairs.

"Tell me" she ordered impatiently .

Claire pouted slightly "You know you don't have to be so rough Kara, I'll give you anything you want."

Kara pinched the bridge of her nose annoyed she didn't need Claire's flirty behavior at the moment. But before she could chastise Claire for it, they were joined by her siblings, Hayley and a witch she truly could go without seeing for as long she lived.

"What's she doing here?" She asked staring at the Devereux witch.

Niklaus shrugged "apparently she has dire news to share, news that according to her will shed light on why New Orleans suddenly experienced its first earthquake in all of history.

Claire huffed "Well I could've told you that, I mean honestly it's not a earthquake in the natural sense. I've heard of this before. It only happened when a coven did not complete the harvest and well nature struck back for not being given what was offered."

Kara raised a brow "Oh do tell Claire, what happened and how do we stop this ?"

Sophie spoke up nervously "We have to complete the harvest."

Kara scoffed "Said the desperate witch conveniently" she mocked with a sarcastic smile. "Forgive me if I don't take your words seriously."

Claire chuckled "No.. unfortunately the desperate witch is right Kar, unless you want to be queen of rubble this isn't the end. Earth comes first, then wind which will most likely result in violent and terrible gale force winds, then water which will most likely flood some areas.." she sighed and gave kara a grievous look "and last will be fire..New Orleans will be burned to the ground and we'll all burn with it."

Kara pushed her hand through her hair "All I want is one normal day to enjoy being queen of my city without the next terrible supernatural clusterfuck happening" she muttered sarcastically "And so it's now clear for everyone's continued survival we need to complete the harvest." She said glancing at Hayley .. "else they'll be no more city or factions left..."

"Well yeah but we can't exactly do it since you killed the last elder."

The jab was meant to be insulting but Kara shrugged it off."She threatened my daughter, her death was inevitable"

"Yes well be that as it may, how are they to complete the harvest without an elder." Asked Elijah

"I could've done it but unfortunately I'm not a witch born of their coven, it doesn't specifically needs to be an elder more so a witch born buried or born here that had enough power to complete the ritual."

Hayley chewed her lip "What about a witch that wasn't consecrated?" Both Kara and Elijahs gaze snapped to Hayley.

Kara hoped Hayley wasn't referring to Cassandra, the witch wanted nothing to do with the witches after her death. She only wished to buried at the willow tree they met.

"Celeste du bois?" Answered Hayley with a apologetic look at Elijah who turned his face away in anger.

Kara breathed a silent sigh of relief "Well I remember her, she was the witch you were enamored with wasn't she?" She asked Elijah who seemed to ignore her inquiry.

Klaus sighed "Come now Elijah just tell us where you buried the witch, so that we can end this." His impatience seemed to only anger Elijah

Kara was about to reluctantly offer Cassandra when Elijah grit his teeth "I'll show you were she was buried." He said quietly "let's go , we've no time to waste" He said grabbing Sophie rather roughly as he pulled her along. Kara sighed and turned to Clare

"Can you do something about Davina meanwhile ? I fear if she remains awake it might hasten the signs?"

Claire shook her head "Magic will only react negatively, she either needs conventional means so I would suggest anesthesia, dosing her and keeping her asleep will ease the pain she's sure to experience soon as well and slow down the signs,"

Kara nodded and squeezed Claire shoulder "Thank you Claire, I'll secure that then. I need you to let our hybrids know of what's happening, that and they also need to let the pack out in the bayou know."

Klaus spoke up "I'll speak to father Kieran perhaps he could offer them a place until the worst is over?"

Kara nodded "Yes thank you brother, be sure to explain to father Kieran he needs to tell the humans to flee to emergency shelters until we've ended this."

Klaus nodded and left leaving Hayley behind "And you" she sighed "I need you to remain here, Rebekah will be here as well."

Hayley didn't protest instead she was feeling slightly guilty for using Elijah's fever brain against him and offering up the woman he loved "Elijah will be angry with me."

Kara licked her lips "Mm I suppose he will be, however the living takes precedence over the dead at the moment"

Hayley's gaze shot up "what if it was you? What if you had to choose? To either honor your dead lovers wishes or use her for something she wanted to stay away from?"

Flashback

"You know you want more than I could offer you Cassandra.." she sighed rubbing her forehead as she continued to dress "I've given you everything I'm able to .. why do you ask me for more?"

The brunette witch eyes watered with tears "All I've ever wanted was for you to love me .. love me as you love this city.. you did this and built and yet I ask you to love me but you say you can't! I've seen it in your eyes Kara! You force yourself to keep your heart closed to me"

Kara grit her teeth "I've given all that I'm able to give.. you've seen more of me than most have in their lifetime..why .. tell me why is that not enough for you?" She asked slightly desperate.

Cassandra cupped her cheeks "It's not enough when I've given your my entire being .. I've given you everything that I am.. but you cannot — so tell me Kara Mikaelson where does that leave us?" She whispered brokenly.

Kara opened her mouth .. but the woman turned away "make sure to lock the door behind you.." Kara reached out but Cassandra shook her head "you'll be late.. aren't you meeting your siblings for the opera?"

*****

"Kara!" Kara blinked back the memories she found Hayley standing before watching in concern "are you alright? You just zoned out on me?"

Kara shook away the memories "I'm fine" she muttered clearing her throat "and to answer your question.." she stared at Hayley and gave her a small smile "if it meant saving you and our daughter I'd do it in a heartbeat."

•••••••••••••••