Chapter 11.

AN- Heyyyyyyyy all!! So I have a few things to talk about thennn you guys can go readddddd! (everyone cheers happily)BUT PLEASE READ THIS AN IT'S IMPORTANTTTT Anyway, first up, this is a reallyyy short chapter. I'm sorry. But it just...is.  Secondly, if any of y'all is a Coronation Street fan, I'm thinking of posting a fanfic about a RECENT corrie storyline, IT HAS TO BE RECENT BTW, e.g the Tyrone and Kirsty domestic violence storyline, or the Lewis and Gail scheme storyline, etc. IF ANY OF Y'ALL HAVE ANYYYY IDEAS PLZ COMMENT YOUR IDEA ON THIS CHAPTER OR SEND ME A MESSAGE. Last thing I wanted to say, I reallllyyyyy wanna get some FFFFFEEEEEDDDDDBBBBAAAAACCCCKKKKK so please please PLEASE take a minute of your life to comment and tell me what you think (followers and votes would also rock). Now I've rambled enough, get reading and enjoyyyy the chapter tributes!

Chapter 11.

I avoided Effie’s eye at dinner. She kept glancing at me with those piercing eyes. She was on a table at the opposite side of the room than mine, thank goodness, so she was well out of earshot, but she stared a lot. She was sat with the stylists, Cinna, Portia and Octavius, a few men from the Capitol, and the Head Gamemaker, who basically sets up cameras around the arena, trims and merges certain parts, and makes the Games into a film. A film. Entertainment. I hate him.

I was sat with Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch. Haymitch was very drunk and the table reeked, but I didn’t complain because then my standing up for him would have been pointless, and Katniss and Peeta were too polite to say anything, but I caught them wrinkling their noses a few times.

Effie suddenly stood up and shouted, ‘Tributes, can I have your attention please!’ It wasn’t a question. The room fell silent. ‘Tomorrow, we will arrive at the arena location!’

There was a ripple of murmurs through the tributes, but Effie held up her hand and the room again became silent. A satisfied Effie continued, ‘We will arrive tomorrow night. You will possibly not be awake when the train stops at the dock, as we are not scheduled to arrive there until very, very late. Here is what will happen. The train will stop at the dock. If you are awake, please go back to sleep and do not wake anyone. The train will stay motionless at the dock until after breakfast, when you will be taken to Tribute Headquarters, where you will have 1 hour before you are put into the arena at the beginning of the Games. Is that clear? Any questions?’

This little speech was met by silence. Effie thanked us for listening, and resumed her seat. Our table was awkwardly quiet, so I turned to Peeta and Katniss, a smile on my face. ‘So, you two are the star-crossed lovers from District 12, huh?’ I grinned, echoing Caesar Flickerman’s name for the romance from last night. 

Peeta smiled and put his arm around Katniss’ shoulder. ‘Yes we are,’ he beamed. Katniss’ face was plastered with a huge smile too. I turned to her. ‘How did you feel when Peeta said he loved you at the interview?’ I enquired. Peeta smirked and Katniss rolled her eyes. ‘Ugh, Finch, you sound like Caesar Flickerman,’ she groaned, and Peeta and I laughed. Even Haymitch, who had, over the course of half an hour, drunken himself into near-oblivion, cracked a smile. 

‘Seriously though, how did you feel?’ I asked her.

Katniss glanced at Peeta. ‘Uh…surprised…’

Peeta, Haymitch and I laughed at this. Peeta put on a face of mock horror and leaned away from Katniss, saying, ‘You traitor! I thought it was love at first sight!’ in an offended tone. Katniss and I rocked with laughter, but we were interrupted by Effie’s loud voice. ‘All right, tributes, you are free to return to your rooms!’