5: Law Of Flirting

This part from onwards takes place prior to the One Shot in Tales of Teyvat

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"So you're a fellow half adepti?" I said, leaning against the wall, talking to the slightly shorter girl who had her nose in a book. Lord Morax called us for a meeting for whatever reason, awakening me from my slumber, and bringing my mother, Deluge Crafter here too. Im currently trying to keep my distance, though it seems as though she's busy talking to Cloud Retainer. The girl realized I was talking to her. 

"Oh, my apologies! I didn't really notice you there, I didn't mean to give the impression I was ignoring you." She says, apologizing and closing the book. I shrugged and told her there was not much to worry about and that it was okay.

"I'm, (Y/N), nice to meet you."

"Yanfei, Legal Advisor of Many in Liyue." She says holding out a hand, and I take it. Shaking it. I attempt to let go but couldn't help but notice she was still holding onto it.

"O-Oh sorry about that." 

"Again, its nothing. Do you mind me asking what you were reading?" I said, moving closer to view the book she was reading. Her eyes glimmered as she giddily asked if I meant what I said. Curious and confused I tilted my head.

"Yeah? It looks interesting, and I'd like to get to know you better." I said. Yanfei exclaimed that barely anyone takes interest in stuff such as this, and she really appreciated taking the time to listen. I chuckled, telling her there is no need to thank me, and I found her interesting in addition to being cute. Yanfei blushes madly.

"T-Thanks. You're not too bad looking yourself. Now then, here's what I've been reading." Yanfei says, moving up closer to me to the point our shoulders were touching. I felt my heartbeat faster before it returned to normal at our sudden contact. It was hard to focus on the book of laws with her this close to me. She is rather cute . . .

"Mhm mhm, yes I understand." I said, not understanding what any of these laws meant. She smiled at this thanking me for the time I gave her. Smiling, I said that I quite enjoyed it with her being the one narrating with that angelic voice. 

"Oh stop you! Its nothing special." She says looking at the ground and playing with her hair." 

"I find it quite endearing to listen too." I said winking at her. I have no clue what im doing, but it seems like its working. We were getting closer and establishing some ground when my mother called out to me, stating that we would be leaving.

"I . . . I have to go now. Will I see you again?" I asked. Seeing how my mom was giving me daggers and motioning for me to hurry up.

"Of course! You can find me tomorrow near this restaurant. It would . . . be nice to maybe hang out if you'd be willing." 

"Very well. It was nice talking to you, Yanfei." 

"Yeah . . . it was nice talking to you too."

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------