7: Law Of Defense

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"Yanfei, please calm down, I'll be fine, and they'll realize it was a misunderstanding." I said from the other side of the Jail cell. Yanfei had tears streaming down her face which alerts me to the fact that she most likely did not calm down. 

"It's just a series of unfortunate coincidences that the killer of Rex Lapis happened to be a Hydro user with a bow." I spoke. When I say it out loud it really does make me sound like the culprit. Doesn't help that there's been a weird influx of people from other nations like that orange guy I spotted near Hu Tao or her assistant as well as the blond kid and his mascot. Fei Fei here immediately stepped up to be my attorney and did everything she could to stand up for me. Seeing how hard she was taking the situation, I told her everything would be again once more.

"It's just, I fail to see why the Qixing would be so quick to blame you?" She says, wiping away her tears. Pondering upon it I mentioned how they had always been rather suspicious of me right from the get probably due to my heritage and due to the power, I do have a target above my head. So, when they saw the signs pointing to that they probably jumped at the chance to prove they didn't really need the help of the adeptus in the modern age. This might be me jumping to conclusions but-

"Alright, defendant you're free to go." a member of the Millieth says coming in and handing Yanfei a slip of paper.

". . . What?" Yanfei and I said in unison. 

"We verified your alibi of being in the area near the domain of Deluge Crafter, following a visit to the Wanmin restaurant. You are free to go but you may not leave Liyue as you are still under supervision. You will be called to stand trial should they see fit." the militia member says, unlocking my cell and removing my restraints. As soon as I'm free and outside the cell . . . Yanfei runs up and hugs me burying her face into my chest. Eventually, she lets go of me and examined the papers she was given.

"So . . . what now?" 

"Well, I guess I'll lay low for a while. I doubt I'm a popular person out there now as a result."

"Lay low?"

"Yeah, I doubt that the rest of Liyue really would believe me to be innocent at the moment-"

"I'll prove it to them!" Yanfei shouts, cutting me off. She sighed and apologized but just didn't find it fair that I was being targeted and scapegoated because of easiness.

"It just isn't fair. That's why I want to be your defender (Y/N). I want to prove your innocence once and for all to them! I want to prove that you aren't all they say they are!" Yanfei proclaims. I rubbed my eyes, before smiling at Yanfei.

"You are going through quite a lot for me." I said, scratching my cheek in embarrassment. Yanfei grabbed my hands and held them in her own.

"Well, it's only natural I'd go this far to ensure fairness for a close friend." 

"Yeah . . . a friend. Thank you, Yanfei."

---------------------Book End---------------------------------------------