2: Law of Envy

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"I see. Is there anything else that you need, Stranger?" I asked, getting ready to help out Lumine with a quest along with Zhongli and Ganyu. She shook her head to which Paimon proudly states that we are all set to go on our trek. We were about to head out when a certain sound caught my attention. Its faint but it sounds like breathing. Asking politely to check something out, I walked and investigated the alleyway that we were near. Before the person could get away, I grabbed them and held them over my head. 

"Found a certain someone listening in." I said, bringing them down to better carry them in my arms. Yanfei struggled at first, very embarrassed at being caught, before hiding away and clinging onto me. 

"Do you really have to go? Can't I come with you, (Y/N)? It'd be a group of five!" She says looking up at me trying to coerce me. 

"Apologies Yanfei, but for whatever reason only a group of four is permitted." I said shrugging. Sighing dejectedly, Yanfei sadly got out of my arms, getting ready to leave when Zhongli spoke up. 

"I believe I might have other commitments. Apologies for forgetting, Traveller, I hope you understand." Zhongli says, looking Lumine in the eye who nods back before telling Yanfei that she could go in his stead. She perks up, happily moving back to clinging my arm. I gave Zhongli a nod of gratitude before he departed. Paimon gave him a weird look before we eventually set out for our mission. Lumine explained that we just had to eliminate a few fatui from the area then we'd be set. As we were walking, I couldn't help but notice Yanfei kept barging in on conversations between me and Lumine or me and Ganyu. She still has yet to let go of my hand too, hell I even caught her giving Ganyu a hateful look, which scared her. 

"Alright, we should be approaching their hideout. Is everyone ready?"

We all nodded, before leaping out and ambushing them. I brought down my broadsword, crashing it against the ground, sending out a tidal wave towards them. Ganyu backed me up by aiding me in freezing half majority of them, followed by Lumine shattering them with a Geo strike, shattering them. I took a hit from a Fatui going for Yanfei, before retaliating with a low sweep of my blade and knocking them off their feet, before kicking them hard enough to send them careening through their comrades. I took a look at Ganyu nodding, holding up the claymore to use as a platform to jump off of. Instead, Yanfei got there first, leaping off of it before shooting downward and vaporizing the remaining wet Fatui. Ganyu, thinking quickly, finished off the rest of them with Lumine's aid. With the mission complete, Ganyu and Lumine took their leave to return to Liyue Harbor leaving me alone with Yanfei.

"So. Someone's jealous hm?" I said, leaning against a tree.

"What gives you that impression?"

"The murderous gaze you gave Ganyu, putting yourself in-between Lumine and I, acting brashly when it came to synchronized attacks, and the fact on our way here you kept pressing my arm into your chest. " 

Yanfei blushed, sheepishly apologizing and looking to the ground. 

"I didn't think you'd react that way. Did I give you the impression that my eyes would stray off you? If so, I apologize." I told her warmly, tilting her head to look me in the eyes. I then opened my arms, motioning her in for a hug, which she gladly took.

"I-I suppose I might have acted out of line, (Y/N). I just . . . couldn't bear that thought."  She said, clearly very embarrassed. 

"I suppose so. Shall we head back then, hot stuff?" I said, somewhat jokingly. This set Yanfei off, causing her face to erupt into a blush, and her vision to increase the temperature around us considerably.

"Very well then, I will take it as a yes."

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------