3: Law Of Approval

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"All will be fine Yanfei. My mother will surely love you, I assure you." I said, as we continued our trek to where my mother was. Yanfei was unsure of it, considering I had also mentioned how strident and judgmental she could be. I reassured her it would be fine as we entered her abode. 

"Mother! I've returned!" I called, feeling the air begin 

"Ah, so is this the girl you told me about?" My mother asked, looking down at Yanfei, who sheepishly waved back at her. Mother gazed at her and flew around, inspecting her and silently judging her. Yanfei clung to my arm in fear, considering how my mother is a lot more . . . fearsome. Considering she looks akin to a giant dragon, not unlike Lord Morax's form. 

"How peculiar. I must say her outfit is not one I expected of an adeptus. Nor an appropriate let alone respectful one either." She says, narrowing her eyes at Yanfei, who sheepishly hid herself behind me I felt my face flush with heat, before feeling Yanfei's vision to increase the heat of our surroundings. Then, Yanfei wrapped her cloak around me to better hide herself. I unclipped it, letting her have it before confront my mother.

"Mother you cant just say something like that! Yanfei's wear is fine, and she is rather respected actually. She's a Legal Advisor, and highly thought of by Lord Morax." I said, before crossing my arms after responding. 

"(Y/N), my child, surely you can find someone more fitting. Why not that Ganyu lady? She's rather proper, aligned with your element and at least dresses more modest than this one." My mother says somewhat annoyed. Feeling Yanfei cling tighter to my arm i eventually snapped.

"I fell in love with Yanfei not because of any superficial reasons, but I love her for how she's treated me and for how incredible of a person she is, Mother! I choose her because she is her and not someone else! You wonder why I rarely visit, when its because you always try to undermine the choices I make! Why cant you just accept that I love her and that I brought her here to show you, my mother, the person I love." I yelled out. Right as i finished, a rain cloud had formed over my head and began raining. Looking at the floor dejectedly, I took Yanfei by the hand and left my mother to stew in her own domain.

"(Y-Y/N) are you okay?"

"I am well."

"(Y/N) your grip is k-kinda tight." She said, which led to me to let go of her. I sat down on a nearby rock and put my head in my hands. Yanfei came next to me and sat down. 

"Hey, hey what's wrong . . . ? You can tell me." Yanfei coos quietly as she rubbed me on the back.

"I apologize I- I just wanted you to meet her. I truly did think she would like you as much as my love goes for you. She just wants me to find a partner that fits her standards." I said, lifting my head up and just burying my face into her neck.

"There there. . . I know you love me. I don't need anyone else's approval." She says,  cuddling up to me. My tension eased and I relaxed myself. 

"I suppose so. Apologies for the outburst."

"Its nothing. . . Though I do wonder, do you think my outfit to be too revealing?" 

"I-I uh, I- I"

"On second thought, hold that to yourself."

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------