6: Law Of Hanging Out

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"Yoo-hoo

"Sooo, what is it that you do exactly." Yanfei said kicking her feet back and forth as we sat on the docks of Liyue Harbor. I explained that I'm a fisherman. 

"Oooooh, I suppose that having the Hydro element would help with that huh?" She says, nudging me teasingly. I rolled my eyes at her before asking what Pyro had to do with the Law. If anything, you'd need to have a rock steady will to be one. She ponders it over for a while, leading me to get concerned at the thought that I might have shorted out her brain with that retort. She finally turns to me, smiling as though she had the answer to my response.

"Well, you aren't wrong, you would need a rock steady will. But that isn't everything! I would argue that you would need a fiery passion and a blazing heart to take on the duties my position requires." She said, puffing her chest out proudly. This earned her a snicker from me, causing Yanfei to ask what was so funny about what he said.

"Oh, my apologies. You seemed so proud of your response and coupled with your antics made it very hard not to laugh." I said, ruffling her on the head. Yanfei sighed in response, wishing that my attempts at teasing weren't as successful on her as they were already.

"Oh, believe me, I haven't the faintest idea as to what I am doing. I'm just uh . . . what is it they say? Following the heart? Yeah that." I remark to her, starting to get up whilst doing so. 

"Now come on, let's go fishing. After all you did seem curious about my occupation so why not show it to you." I said, motioning her to follow me. Yanfei quickly gets up and skips over to me, following not far behind. 

"There's a shore not far from the harbor, we can do some there if you want." 

Yanfei enthusiastically nodded in agreement. She seems eager to see it firsthand. I ask if she's ever been fishing before and Yanfei tells me she never has, and it would be a first. We arrive at the wharf, and I pulled out my fishing pole, attached some bait and threw it into the water. Next, I explained what exactly to do to Yanfei, demonstrating the motions of what to do if a fish bites and then handing it to her which bewildered her. 

"Oh, looks like you got a bite already." I say, watching her get pulled closer and closer to the water. Yanfei probably got a big one already . . . though it seems like physical strength isn't her strong suit.  After giving me several pleading looks, I stepped in putting my hands on hers and holding on too. 

"Alright then, PULL!" I called out, seeing how the force was a lot stronger than i expected. Right as we were making head way, we both get dragged into the water. We resurface and stay silent for a few minutes before the two of us burst out in laughter. After swimming to shore, we lay down there for a bit slightly out of breath from the whole ordeal. 

"Does this normally happen?" Yanfei asks me, turning her head to look at me. 

"Not often no. It is rather rare for that to happen in all honesty."

Yanfei sat up and move to sit next to me and used her vision to start drying us off. I looked to where hand was seeing it was now over mine, but she was focused on the setting sun ahead. It is rather hard to do the same with someone brighter being right in front of me.

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------