Chapter 1 - General Fong

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure he doesn't. Why would he banish you if he didn't care-" Iroh stops talking the moment Zuko gets up and walks away.

"Uh, that came out wrong, didn't it?"

❀❀❀

Several men bow as a royal carriage is brought out. Within the carriage is Princess Azula, the daughter of Ozai, niece of Iroh, and sister of Zuko. Azula steps out of the carriage and walks down the line of soldiers.

"My brother and my uncle have disgraced the Fire Lord, and have brought shame on all of us. You might have mixed feelings about attacking members of the Royal Family. I understand. But I assure you, if you hesitate, I will not hesitate to bring you down. Dismissed" States Azula. As soon as she's done talking, the soldiers leave. Except for the captain, who runs up to Azula.

"Princess, I'm afraid the tides will not allow us to bring the ship into port before nightfall" Apologizes the female.

"I'm sorry, captain, but I do not know much about the tides. Could you explain something to me?" Says Azula.

"Of course, your Highness" Responds the captain slightly annoyed.

"Do the tides command this ship?" Asks Azula in a stern tone.

"I'm afraid I don't understand" Replies the captain while trying to avoid Azula's question.

"You said the tides would not allow us to bring the ship in. Do the tides command this ship?" Asks Azula, this time in a sharper tone.

"No, princess" Sighs the female.

"And if I were to have you thrown overboard, would the tides think twice about smashing you against the rocky shore?" Continues Azula. The captain's eyes widen out of shock. After everything I've done for her, she's threathening to end my life?! I've done nothing but work my ass off to become the youngest captain in the Fire Nation, and the greatest one as well. So why does Azula still treat me like a piece of trash? I can't stand her!

"No, princess" Replies the captain anxiously while Azula runs her fingers through her bangs.

"Well then, maybe you should worry less about the tides who have already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over" Threathens Azula.

"I'll pull us in" Says the female in defeat as she turns around to leave. Azula glares at the girl and narrows her eyes in suspicion. I don't trust that pirate...

❀❀❀

"There it is!" Sokka points at General Fong's base, where he and his soldiers are waiting for Team Avatar's arrival.

"Welcome, Avatar Aang! I am General Fong, and welcome, to all of you great heroes! Appa, Momo, brave Sokka, the mighty Katara, and princess Mizuki" Greets the man excitedly.

"Mighty Katara? I like that" Chuckles Katara pleased while fireworks go off, launched by the soldiers using earthbending.

"Not bad, not bad" Grins Sokka.

"I preferred the title dual bender" Sighs Mizuki annoyed. Great, people will call me a princess from now on. But I never was taught how to be one, I don't even know which fork to use when eating desserts!

❀❀❀

General Fong and Team Avatar are sitting in a spacious discussion room.

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you singlehandedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole. I can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility" Begins General Fong as he strokes his beard.

"I try not to think about it too much" Replies Aang casually.

"Avatar, you're ready to face the Fire Lord now" Says General Fong.

"What? No I'm not!" Exclaims Aang anxiously.

"Aang still needs to master all four elements" Informs Mizuki.

"Why? With the kind of power he possesses, power enough to destroy hundreds of battle ships in a matter of minutes, he could defeat the Fire Lord now!"

"But sir, the thing is, Aang can only do those things when he's in the Avatar State" Informs Sokka.

"See, it's this special state where-" Aang gets cut off by General Fong.

"I'm well aware! Your eyes and tattoos glow and you're able to summon unbelievable power. Without you, we'd be slaughtered before we even reach their shores. But with you leading the way, as the ultimate weapon, we could cut a swath right through to the heart of the Fire Nation" General Fong looks at a map and points at the Fire Nation Capital.

"Right, but, I don't know how to get in or out of the Avatar State, much less what to do once I'm there" Replies Aang.

"So, it's decided then. I'll help you figure out how to get into the Avatar State and then you'll face your destiny" States General Fong.

"No, nothing's decided. We already have a plan. Aang's pursuing his destiny his way" Retorts Katara angrily.

"Well, while you take your time learning the elements, the war goes on. May I show you something?" Asks General Fong as he leads Aang to a window.

"That's the infirmary, and those soldiers are the lucky ones. They came back. Every day, the Fire Nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang! You could end it, now. Think about it" Pleads General Fong. Upon hearing 'lucky ones', Mizuki gulps nervously. Aang averts his eyes to the side, looking unsure.

To be continued

Word count: 1.410