Last stall on the left

3rd person POV

It is the first day of high school and everyone is in class, sitting quietly at their desks. The school bell rings meaning that class has started. Randy, Howard, and Rihanna are sitting in Mr. Bannister's class being that they had his class first. Rihanna was sitting in the back in between both Julian (her childhood friend and crush) and Theresa (one of her best friends). Her brother and his friend were sitting somewhere else in the classroom. Mr. Bannister walked in front of his desk and started to talk to his students.

"Welcome Freshman, I'm sure you're bummed to be back in school. Well, SO AM I! 500 WORDS, WHAT YOU DID ON YOUR SUMMER VACATION!"

He then took some paper from the huge pile on his desk and then slammed his stapler on them.

Meanwhile, everyone was writing their essays in complete silence. Rihanna was writing about what she did during the summer, however she made sure to be careful on not to write about her secret on it: her being Miko. She knows she can't do that. Then she hears her brother and Howard talking in the front and then she hears a glass break and looks up and see Mr. Bannister with his feet on his desk and Howard leaning on Randy's desk. She then realized that the teacher threw his shoe at Howard for talking in class.

"No talking!"

Rihanna rolled her eyes in annoyance and went back to writing her essay.

Rihanna's POV

After that mini drama scene with the teacher, I rolled my eyes in annoyance and went back to writing my essay.

'Rihanna Cunningham'

'Grade 9'

'What I did during my summer'

'During summer vacation, I spent time with my childhood friend and my other friends. We all went to the beach and did some swimming, laying under the sun, eating delicious food and ice cream, playing a lot games, and went to the beaches gift shop and got some souvenirs. We also went to some parties and bbqs and pool parties and we all had the time of our lives. The nice hot weather was relaxing for all of us and I wish summer vacation could just keep on going. Sometimes, when I was with my girl friends, we went to the mall, the movies, and we also went to the Mcfist Luxury Spa to get our nails done, facials, and massages. We were so relaxed and went there whenever we could. When I was with my childhood friend, Julian, we would go to each other's houses and hang out, meaning we would watch tv, swim in Julian's pool, go to the movies, go out to eat, and we would go to the park together sometimes. Hanging out with Julian is very  great. Also, being that summer vacation is over,  I wish that I can have a great school year with my friends and my brother and I wish everyone a happy school year and lots of good luck this year.'

I finished writing my essay and then heard the teacher yell everyone to stop writing their essays.

"Pencils down!" Mr. Bannister yelled

He then gets up and starts collecting everyone papers, but when he gets to Randy's desk, he rips his paper to pieces and hands it to the teacher. I stare at them in shock, confused by what just happened.

"What's this supposed to be?" Mr. Bannister asked my brother

"Uh, my commentary on the fleeting nature of summer" Randy responded quickly

The teacher looked at his for a little bit and then responded

"Excellent use of metaphor"

"Aced it" Randy cheered

"I'll give you a B" Mr. Bannister told him

"B-ced it" Randy cheered again

He then comes to my desk and collects my essay, he reads it and I'm sitting there wondering if it was bad or not. He then responded to me