Memories

Ayn wakes up from his dream, perhaps it was more like a nightmare. His breath was ragged, forehead covered in sweat. The terror trembled throughout his body and that memory continued to echo in his mind.

All this time he wanted to know something about his past, but now he wished to know nothing. Such a cruel memory to remember, a past filled with nothing but sorrow.

Ayn sat down, bringing his knees close to his chest and hiding his face. He was supposed to be dead, but thanks the girl named Io he's alive. However, this place doesn't belong to him and never will.

"Give them back, please." The voice of a woman pleading resounded strongly inside Ayn's head.

Without lifting up his head, Ayn asked. "Io, is that you?"

"Don't break him apart anymore." The woman's voice was in the verge of crying.

"You are talking about Rathion?" Ayn asked, once again the woman didn't answer.

"The vestiges, bring them back to him." Those were her last words, Ayn couldn't hear her voice anymore

Destroying the vestiges was never the true goal Ayn had in mind, he wanted to retrieve them, however, Jack was in his way. 

"What should I do." Ayn was conflicted and could not come to a conclusion.

"Do what you think is right." Ayn felt a soft touch on his back.

Surprised by the sudden touch and voice, Ayn looked up, seeing Louis's  smile: simple, bright, and honest to the core. Red eyes stare through in worry.

Ayn buried his face in Louis's chest, while gut-wrenching sobs escaped his lips, desperate to contain what’s inside. All of this was too much for him to handle, slowly breaking him apart.

Ayn is not strong, he's always hiding everything behind that expressionless face of his. Not wanting to be weak; not wanting to be criticised by others; not wanting to be hated because of his weakness; not wanting to let that person down.

"It's okay to cry, you know?" Louis caressed Ayn's head. "Don't hide your feeling behind that fake mask, you can smile, get angry and be sad sometimes."

Ayn remembered that someone told him the same words before. Those days he lived in the hospital someone came to visit him, however, he can't remember who that person is or why was he in the hospital in the first place. 

Ayn clenched the pendant he took when Oliver disappeared, all this time he was wearing that pendant like it was something important for him. He always felt nostalgia when he saw this pendant, as if he had seen it before and it held a special meaning.

"I will retrieve Rathion's memories." Ayn gets away from Louis, his face no longer reflected any doubts.

"Let's retrieve them together, like we been doing all this time." Louis agreed with Ayn, he didn't want for the vestiges to be destroyed not when they cause harm to Ayn.

Ayn gets up from the bed. "I need to inform Jack about my decision."

Ayn left the room being followed by Louis, arriving at the place where the others are. Yakumo was the first one to make a move, he couldn't contain his relief and hugged Ayn tightly. 

"I was so worried about you, I'm glad you woke up." Yakumo sounded sincerely worried.

Ayn pats Yakumo's back: "I am okay now, thanks for worrying about me."

Jack gets up from the sofa. "It seems you changed your decision." His piercing gaze fell on Ayn.

"I did, I can't destroy the Chronos vestiges." Ayn walked towards Jack. "I decided to believe in Io."