chapter 1

Emily's pov:

Hi, I'm Emily and I'm bumpers sister. This is my first year a barden uni and I'm best friends with Jesse Swanson. But my brother doesn't really like me having friends who aren't the Treblemakers. That gets really fun.

I was at the activities fair after I unpacked all my stuff and I was stood with my brother. I sat on the wall and went on my phone.

I then messaged Donald, my brothers best mate.

E: I'm so bored, I wanna go somewhere else.

D: I'll take you after we finish this.

He looked up at me and I smiled. They f1inished the song and Donald and I strarted walking around places.

"Your ridiculous!" I said with a laugh, pushing him slightly. Hee shoved a peice of his waffle in my mouth and we both laughed. We sat down on a bench, I put my head on his shoulder.

"So, why are you always with Bumper? Why don't you go and do your own thing, you know, be Independent?" He asked me. I sighed.

"I used to get bullied when I was younger. It lead to depression. So I guess he's just protective." I said. Donald nodded. I looked up at him. "Fluffy. Your nickname is fluffy." I said, trying to change the subject. He laughed.

"Fine, then your nickname is pretty eyes." He said. I smiled. "So, I was thinking-" Donald got cut off. "Emily?" A very familiar voice said. I looked up. "No way!" I said. I ran up and hugged my primary school best friend.

"Hey beautiful!" He said. "You never said you were coming to Barden!" I said. He smiled. "I'm full of surprises." He said.

"Pretty eyes, who's this?" Donald asked. "This is my childhood best friend. Jesse." I said. They shook hands. "So, you spoken for yet?" Jesse asked.

"What about that cute treble you were going on about so much a while ago-" Jesse stopped. "Don't kill me...." He said.

I laughed. "Yeah his name is unicycle." I said, trying to hide the fact that it was actually Donald.

"Cute." Jesse said. "I'm out, got things to do." He said. "You have an amazing voice. Come to auditions." I said to him. "I'll be there. Message me where to be though. Catch you later, beautiful." He said the kissed the top of my head then walked away.

"Imma head to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." Donald said. He looked kinda sad. "OK, goodnight, fluffy." I said. He smiled. "Goodnight pretty eyes." He said then walked away.

I quickly walked to the Barden Bella's and got a flyer. I went to bed, nervous for auditions tomorrow. Before I fell asleep, I messaged Donald.

E: Going to audition for Bellas tomorrow. Wish me luck 🤞

D: Good luck, your gonna kill it!

I went to sleep smiling. I can't wait for tomorrow.