004 - two slow dancers

this was after the music performance because  i have not a slight idea on how to write a performance, my apologies!!

3rd person's pov:

"kiyoomi! your performance was astonishing! completely took my breath away." y/n exclaims

"much obligied. truly appreciate your gratitude on my hard work. your performance on the other hand, was breathtaking." sakusa replies

y/n softly smiles at sakusa's statement.

last words that were said before a silence gained control of the conversation. but it wasn't a unpleasant silence, it was rather comforting.

after breaking eye contact and approximately 4 minutes of comforting silence, a slow song could be heard, quietly playing through everyone's eardrums.

and there it is, the comforting eye contact. astoundingly, he made a few steps towards her.

until he asked the question.

"would you like to dance with me?" sakusa hesitatingly asks while pulling his left hand out for her to grab.

"dancing is a dangerous game." she exclaims, but takes his hand either way and escrots them to the dancing area.

he moves his foot, she does the same. they look at each other again. they seem to be moving in sync, effortlessly, not even willing to.

it looks like a real blossoming romance, true joy peeking through, both look at each other almost.. bemused? the comforting silence interrupted by the curly haired boy.

"does it smell like a school gymnasium in here?" sakusa quietly whispers, loud enough for her to hear.

"you think?" y/n exclaims back with the same sound level.

"yeah, i guess we're just two slow dancers." sakusa quietly chuckles back.

quite astonishing how two teenagers who were once philomisist, in other words, having hatred for love were now here, dancing together, no complaints, just comforting silence with slow music.

but everyone knows, every song must come to an end. and now there was silence. not the comforting kind. it was awkward, realizing what they just did. but even feeling embarrassed, they still felt the giddy feeling about what just happened.

"i-im sorry." sakusa says, letting go of her hand and standing like a soldier.

"there's nothing to apologize for, that was honestly the most romantic thing that has happened in my life, thank you." y/n chuckles.

sakusa chuckles silently

"um, we're actually way more comparable than i considered." sakusa exclaims.

"how so? elaborate if you may, please."

"shall we say, we're both two teenagers in a music audition surrounded by adults, im assuming we're both introverts, and have some kind of hatred for love." sakusa replies.

"suprisingly right. congratulations?" y/n says hesitantly while slightly chuckling at his statement.

"i guess we are two slow dancers, kiyoomi." y/n whispers quietly, loud enough for kiyoomi to hear before walking away to exit.

i am literally so sorry this chapter took so long i lost motivation all of a sudden i am so sorry ☹️