Chapter 4: From Frying Pan To Fire

Start from the beginning

Madam Lan, "I'm afraid Madam Yu is right... Master Jiang, we very much want your children to pair with ours."

Madam Yu snickered, "Let me ask, which of my children are you trying to win?"

Madam Lan, "Your sons. Lan Xichen will be paired with Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian to Lan Wangji."

"Pfft, hahaha. You're joking, right? You want Jiang Cheng to be with Xichen I won't object but you expect me to let the wildest fruit in my bunch to stick to him?" Madam Yu spied on Wangji with a mocking grin. "Wei Wuxian deserves to be paired with a future Clan Leader not the second in command. He needs an alpha who can tame and keep his head in one place."

"Was it not my second nephew that dominated your child in the fight?" Lan Qiren decided to defend his nephew's ability to take charge.

"Yeah, until my son severed his testicles," Ziyuan had been waiting for the right time to use that sentence. It took great self-control for the Jiang siblings not to laugh amidst their crisis. 

"Madam Yu!" Lan Qiren's ears could no longer take the harassment but Madam Lan calmed him down with a trusting smile. "I assure you, Wangji is responsible and more than capable to take care of your precious son. I understand that they will need some time to know each other for this to be a loving union and for that, we are willing to let them court for the maximum period of six months before an official wedding."

"Mother," Wei Ying shook his head, pleading with his feminine hero to not throw him to the sharks. "Hold your horses, I have not agreed to anything yet," Madam Yu spied at him from the corner of her eye.

"From one great omega to another, I want your children to be the foundation of the next Lan generation. Gusu Lan is ever ready to move mountains to have the Jiang family as inlaws. It will benefit our clans as well," Madam Lan was the only mediator allowed to speak.

Madam Yu, "Benefit huh?" 

Fengmian, "Madam Lan, my wife and I will have to go back home and ponder over this proposal."

"Ponder over what?... Did you not hear Lihua, Fengmian. Gusu wants to move mountains for us. Best to let them start digging their tallest mount... Alright, you moved me, we accept your proposal for my two sons."

"Yu Ziyuan, this is not something you decide on your own," Fengmian showed some resistance to his wife's controlling nature.

"Why not?... Did you carry any of those children in your body for close to ten months?" Yu Ziyuan tilted her head at her mate. That stunned not only their children. "Did they rip their way through your holy place while you scream for help, and did they milk your tits dry? No! I did all those things. So I get to decide who's baby is suitable for ripping their holy cookies apart," Yu Ziyuan did not give her husband the chance to speak. Jiang Cheng stiffened upon hearing his mother's words. 'Me and that goodie two shoes, fuck no!' he thought to himself, quickly taking a sip of water and resting the bottle back on the table.

"Clan Leader Lan, is there somewhere I can speak with my mate in private?" Fengmian did not wish to argue with his mate in front of the Lans. Qinghenjun allowed it, letting the couple have some time to deliberate on such short notice. Lan Wangji was mute the entire time but his eyes did not stay completely away from the omega that landed him in this situation. 

"What are you doing Madam Yu?" Fengmian asked his mate once they were left alone. 

"I'm only looking out for our children's best interest," Madam Yu said.

"By having them marry at such a young age?"

"19 and 20 are old enough Fengmian. We got married when I was 17 remember."