Aries Kingdom Arc - Chapter 30: Culprit

In front of me now was Thalia-san. I was too much in shock to formulate a response. What can I say after meeting someone after a long time?! I haven't experienced that for years so I don't know!

"Are you alright?"

"Y-Yes, I'm completely alright!"

Fuwah, it's a good thing she made the first move or I definitely would have stood quiet for a while.

"Excuse me, but you look familiar. Can I ask for your name? I'm certain we've met before."

So she forgot about me? That's saddening. But I guess it can't be helped since we haven't seen each other for 3 months and our interaction was by all means, very short.

"Ah, my name. It's Seven Clavery. It's nice to meet you again, Thalia-san."

"Haha, I'm embarrassed. You remembered my name but I didn't remember yours, I'm truly sorry."

"It's completely fine, even I would forget if I was you. By the way, what brings you here?"

Thalia-san, looked intently at my eyes and calmly said.

"I'm here to meet up with someone from work, I have a job at another continent you see. It's a stroke of fate that we've managed to meet again in this very wide world."

I swallowed my saliva. Now that she mentions it, me and the girls were talking about a neighboring continent earlier. One where humans with attitudes similar to my world exists.

"I-I see."

"What about you, Seven Clavery? What brings you to the Aries Kingdom? I recall we've first met in the Libra Kingdom, yes?"

At this point, idle chatter worried me.

As someone who was the type to not make people wait, I immediately grabbed Thalia-san's hand and started walking through the Merchants' District with her all the while explaining my circumstances. She listened to me quite eagerly and wasn't even taken aback when I suddenly grabbed her hand.

"Does this mean you're lost?"

"Um, well yes actually. I don't know where my companions went."

I said while forking out One again which Thalia-san instantly grew interested in.

"Is that a Recon Sedar."

Thalia-san lowered her head to take a better look at One. Her eyes sparkled in amusement.

"Yep, she is. I found her when I was in the Libra Kingdom."

I said to her, simultaneously with when I kneeled on the ground and allowed One to run off and locate the others.

After that, me and Thalia-san had conversations while walking around the place. It kind of feels like I'm on a date with her instead of Arlet or Aria. But ofcourse I'm keeping a lookout for any of the three.

"Should we go to the clock tower? It's the highest building around here. I heard it's a good view out there."

"Uh."

At first I was hesitant since it sounded like simply sightseeing, but it occured to me that maybe I could use the tower's height to survey the area. I may find them that way.

"Alright let's go."

I can't let One run around this large place all by itself. That would seriously tire her out. I'm a bit worried that a cat might pounce at her but I don't think I should be worried with how overpowered it became because of the pet system. It can defend itself just fine.

It took us some time, but we made it. The clock tower reached heights of up to 30 meters, it was so damn tall. And one other notable thing was that, it was not just tall but seemed like it was very spacious inside. Does it need that many pendulums and wheels to turn. I have completely no idea how clocks work.