026

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

026. blue admiral

Kai had a lot on his plate.

And now, it sure was piling up.

He stood by the top deck of Aokiji's ship, feeling the wet wooden floors beneath his shoes as he frowned slightly. Aokiji had a lot of loyal men who work diligently for him, but they all didn't know how to dry wooden decks.

"Is there anything wrong, Vice-Admiral?" Aokiji asked smoothly, and Kai narrowed his eyes at his mocking tone. "Considering you're in Enies Lobby of all places, isn't that. . . I don't know-- suspicious?"

Kai wasn't particularly fond of any Admirals. Akainu was outright nosy, Kizaru is plain infuriating, and Aokiji was unpredictable.

"Suspicious? Unless you tell me what you suspect me of, I wouldn't know." He stated bluntly, turning on the heels of his shoes, facing the front view of the ocean as his coat flew along the wind while still remaining intact around his shoulders.

"I just find it odd, that's all." The blue Admiral shrugged off. "You're in Enies Lobby, CP9 is in Enies Lobby, and your brother and his crew is in Enies Lobby as well." His ankle rested against his other knee, relaxing as he sat back on his beach chair.

"And how does that concern me?" Kai asked bluntly. How Aokiji knew Luffy didn't surprise him. Aokiji had close ties with his grandfather, and it wasn't difficult to recognize the similar surname that Luffy possessed.

Kai just didn't want to be associated with that pirate.

"They're all former acquitances of yours. You, well. . . You're you. CP9, you trained with them during your second year in service. And Strawhat is your blood brother." Aokiji explained, he then clapped his hands. "What a heartwarming reunion, don't you think so?"

"So, you suspect me of being in Enies Lobby because I missed such people and wanted to throw a celebration of our reunion by dying together under the attack of a buster call? I'm flattered that you know me so well." Kai spoke with dripping sarcasm as his eyes narrowed deeply.

Aokiji didn't fight back a chuckle.

"I still wonder how you're related to Garp." He said. "But then again, his tendency to show up absolutely everywhere is hereditary, I suppose."

Kai wasn't too happy to be compared to that geezer and even being spoke of regarding genetics.

How he ended up in Aokiji's ship was simple. He walked on air. Aokiji heard of his presence there and assumed that Kai was off to cause trouble, not once did he believe Kai would intervene-- and he was right. He doesn't understand Kai on a personal level but he knows how Kai wasn't a typical family-oriented person.

Unlike Garp.

So, he was not once worried that Kai might be suddenly filled with the brotherly impulse and choose to save and protect his brother. He knows how Kai's blood was utterly cold.

He simply called Kai over to chat. He didn't once think of a possibility on why Kai was there in the first place, and what he spoke was just a bluff to taunt him as usual.

The blueprint? Aokiji wasn't worried. It was already burned down by ashes and swept away by the wind, and even if Kai gets ahold of it's ashes for whatever reason he has-- what can he do? Perform CPR?

Aokiji's view of Kai is much similar to any other high-ranking Marine who was unfortunate enough to be born in the same generation.

He thinks Kai is Sengoku's puppet (having the similar thought as everyone else). He believes Kai is loyal to Sengoku and often does his bidding, and the reason why he was in Enies Lobby is to possibly report back to Sengoku. He wasn't aware that Sengoku was the actual pawn in this chess game.

He doesn't really concern himself with Kai. He doesn't care if the boy really was a puppet or not. Only because it doesn't affect him in any way. He was there to kill boredom and perhaps bond with Garp's notorious grandson who scares all the other Marines away due to unnerving rumors. He was too lazy to think of another motive the germaphobic male potentially has.

"You should thank me." Aokiji spoke up. Kai turned to him with furrowed brows. "Since I noticed that the two brothers are in one land but haven't met each other properly, I took the liberty to share the exciting news to Garp."

When Kai said he wishes to bring wrath upon earth-- this was a new additional reason onto why.

Aokiji. . . He's a real pain.

"Now, he's on his way to reunite with his family. Exciting, right? You can thank me some other time, you should just enjoy." Aokiji hinted his mischief before standing up. "Sail for the east, we're going back." He told his navigator and helmsman.

Kai felt his eye twitch continously.

He had to fight off his urge of disassembling the ice man from where he stands.

Does he take great joy in watching Kai suffer? He doesn't want to meet Luffy at all, even more so to have Garp annoy him and surely force him to acknowledge Luffy's existence. It was still too soon. Far too soon.

"You can walk on air and leave or something." Aokiji scratched his temple. "Unless you want to join my unit, you're more than welcome to scrub the decks."

Kai scoffed, sticking his hand in his pockets to prevent himself from losing his temper.

It's just Aokiji. He's always like this. Kai composed himself. There's no need to get any more blood in his hands, and harming Aokiji now would be a major disrupt to his plans.

He'll just have to leave before the old geezer gets here and forces him to come along.

He jumped from the railings and walked on water, hoping to spot a bird of any sort-- but he was unpleasantly surprised to see the familiar ship from a good distance away.

Garp stood proudly in the front of the ship as he wore his dog headwear.

"Kai!"

His voice was loud and it boomed even from the distance.

"Come and greet your grandpa!" He gave a ridiculous grin.

Kai felt his line ending.